Chapter 4

Valentine's Day
Deyjah Harris
I woke up seeing I had a whole screen of notifications. Text messages, instagram comments, Twitter mentions, Facebook statuses and Snapchat messages.

I smiled and unlocked my phone seeing it was 10 in the morning making me get up and go downstairs.

I seen my dad standing up with a big bear, chocolate, flowers and a huge card.

I smiled and ran up and hugged him. I haven't seen my dad in almost two weeks cause he's been out of town out on work and now that he's back at home I can see him everyday.

"Happy Valentines Day Babygirl" he pulled me in a tight hug. "I missed you"

"I missed you too daddy" I hugged him back as he pulled away.

He handed me my things as I smelled the flowers.

"Where Zonnique?" Dad asked.

"She's at her mom house she said she was gonna come by later and see us" I said as he nodded.

"Ok where's your brothers?" Daddy asked while taking his jacket off sitting on the couch sighing. "Ooh I'm tired"

"Their gone I think cause they not in their room" I told him as he frowned. "It's just me and Heiress and she's still sleeping"

"They left you and Heiress here by y'all self?" Daddy said getting up grabbing his phone. "Oh naah I done told them about that"

"Daddy I'm 18 I babysit other kids don't you think I can be home by myself?" I asked him.

"Yeah babygirl but at least one brother gotta be here when I ain't here it's some crazy people around here" Daddy said unlocking his phone.

"Daddy gimme your phone" I said as he gave me his phone. "It's ok their probably just gone to get me something for Valentine's Day I'm good I'm 18 I know how to handle myself.. you just got home go get changed I'll cook you some breakfast"

"Ok Babygirl I love you" He came over and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too daddy" I said giving him his phone as he walked upstairs.

Five minutes later the door unlocked from the outside indicating my brothers were unlocking it to come in.

They came in with tons of valentines stuff making me smile.

"Aww is that for me?" I asked as they nodded making me squeal.

"Some for you, some for Heiress and some for Zonnique" Messiah handed me my things.

Messiah bought me a huge teddy bear, some of my favorite chocolate, some pretty flowers and a balloon that read 'I love you, XO XO'.

Domani bought me a small bear, big box of chocolates, some pretty flowers and a balloon that read 'Happy Valentines Day'.

Major bought me a small bear, a small box of chocolates, a card and a balloon that had a heart on it.

King bought me a small bear, a small box of chocolates, a balloon and a card.

"Aww thanks brothers I love it so much" I squealed.

"Is dad here?" Domani asked.

"Yup y'all better be glad he's upstairs because he was gonna call you and go off on you" I told him as he sighed.

"Did you cover for us? We just left to surprise you and Heiress" Messiah stressed.

Messiah is the type to not want to disappoint dad or make him mad because he know dad don't play about his girls.