5 Ruthless

Once the needle turned white, Xingxie wanted to laugh bitterly.

The Wu family was really ruthless!

Using such a method to kill her brother, what did he ever do?

"Jiejie, what is in the food?" He asked curiously with fear in his voice.

"A venomous toxin. From a glance, one wouldn't even realize it was there. Even when tasting it, nothing would seem strange. It's a very rare nameless toxin." She explained.

"How did you know I was being poisoned?" Xuan asked in disbelief. He always believed he was born with the illness but now, that was not true.

"Don't let anyone know about this." Xingxie pleaded. Xuan nodded in response. He didn't trust anyone but those who he was really close with.

"I will find a way to get you to move in with me. In the mean time, I will also make the antidote for you." Xingxie said and hugged him.

Poor child, how can anyone harm him?

Xingxie had a feeling of who was behind this. She just needed evidence.

"Yuyan, take the tray back and tell them it's too salty for Xuan'er's taste." She ordered.

***
In a courtyard of the Wu manor, multiple servants were getting spanked for failing to greet the Eldest Miss.

While the last servant was getting ready to take their turn, a beautiful woman entered.

She was wearing a blue hanfu that had buterfly embroidery on it. She was of average height and had black hair that was arranged with silver hair pins.

Her appearance was elegant and as she entered, the servant and guards all stopped to greet her. Even those who could barely stand had to pay their respects.

Concubine Xi heard there was a commotion and the servants were receiving discipline.

After hearing it was the Eldest Miss who ordered their punishment, Concubine Xi came over to see for herself. However, Xingxie wasn't there. Of course, she didn't have to be there if she didn't want to.

"Where is the Eldest Miss?" Concubine asked one of the guards.

"Lady Xi, Eldest Xi is currently at Seventh Young Master's chambers."
The guard replied clearly.

Concubine Xi nodded before gesturing them to continue with the punishment. She had no intentions to help them. Xingxie finally stood up for herself so this was a good thing.

Once Concubine Xi reached Xuan's chambers, she saw Yuyan standing outside the door.

"Greetings to Lady Xi." Yuyan greeted with a smile. In the manor, there was no one who didn't know of the good relationship between Eldest Miss and Concubine Xi.

It was weird how the biological mother paid no attention to her biological children but spent time with the concubines' children.

"Xing'er, may I come in?" Concubine Xi asked before Xingxie gave her permission.

"Mother Xi!" Wu Xuan was very happy they came to visit him. His real father and mother didn't even care about him so just having the two was enough for him.

Concubine Xi smiled gently when she saw the tenderness in the boy's eyes.

"How is Xuan'er?" She asked Xingxie who knew she could tell her the truth.

"He's been poisoned but I can save him." Xingxie declared.

Concubine Xi was slightly startled by her statement. If Xingxie recalled correctly, today was the day which Concubine Xi warned her to be careful about the Wu family.

"You might not believe me but I've been studying medicine lately. Concubine Xi, you know how fast of a learner I am right?"

Of course, Concubine Xi knew how intelligent she was but it's because Xingxie was too lenient on others. She refused to hurt others unless they attacked her first. Even when knowing people had bad intentions, Xingxie would not make the first move unless they acted upon it.

Being kind and sympathetic is a good thing but there is a limit to everything.