60 Yuyan's Love

Yuyan's face turned solemn when Wei mentioned how the Eldest Miss wouldn't hurt the Wu clan.

"Guard Wei, you haven't been by the Eldest Miss's side for so long so I understand that you'd believe what you hear."

Wei's expression changed as he looked at the younger girl. Her eyes filled with sorrow and grief.

"What do you mean?" He continued as he still wanted to learn more about Wu Xingxie.

"Most of the rumors of Eldest Miss are true. She's altruistic and compassionate to others. Eldest Miss values family the most.

However, the Master and Madam have never shown her the affection they show the other young masters. As the eldest, she was raised solely by Master Wu himself. He didn't allow her to interact with anyone else. He rarely let her see her brother.

When I was assigned to be her personal maid, I was a bit anxious. It was normal because she's a daughter of a noble family so you'd think she was spoiled and had a bossy attitude.

I remember the look on her face when she met me. She was so ecstatic to have someone who would be by her side. Since that day, I swore to serve only her.

But, when she met members of her family, she seemed too nice that others saw it as fake and awkward. Only I know how sincere she was!"
Yuyan felt sad yet infuriated at the same time.

Wei was dumbfounded as he didn't imagine she would get so emotional.

Still, Yuyan didn't stop and continued to say more.

"You don't know it, but the Eldest Miss is very emotional. In the past, when she slept, I'd hear her muffled cries. It pained me so much seeing her act all normal the next day. I tried comforting her but she'd act like there was nothing wrong.

Whenever it was her brother's birthday, she'd draw a picture of how she imagined he would look like.

But now, it's different. She's standing up for herself. No matter what happens, I will always side with her.

Even if it was her against the world, I'm going to be the one by her side. I don't wish for anything else. I only wish to be someone she remembers if one day I were to die."

As he listened to her heartfelt words, Wei couldn't help but feel touched.

Yuyan didn't just see Wu Xingxie as her master, she was deeply in love with Wu Xingxie. More so than anyone else.

He didn't want to say it, but he asked her in a low voice,
"Do you love her as a woman?"

"Yes, but what?" At this point, Yuyan was able to accept that she was in love with her master even though she knew the female wouldn't see her in the same light.

"Just being her closest friend is enough for me."

Wei had no words because it was obvious, her love for Wu Xingxie was stronger than his love for her. He knew much more truths about her than she did, but at this moment, he realized he didn't know Wu Xingxie on a personal level at all.

"Guard Wei, I'm telling you. If the Eldest Miss does fall in love with you, you must take great care of her. Otherwise, you'll have to meet my wrath!" Yuyan was half-joking but she knew he had a better chance since in their society, women were more attracted to men.

"Sorry I said too much, but I'm so worried about the Eldest Miss." Yuyan said apologetically before returning fo her regular self.

"Let's continue to look for her tomorrow. I'm sure she's fine. After all, the Eldest Miss isn't so easy to deal with." Wei tried to persuade her so she'd go back. He planned on searching for her alone to prevent danger from coming Yuyan's way.

*****
This chapter really touches my hearteu. 😭😭

Go show my other story, Fire Against Fire some love too. It's much more intense because the leads are revenging against one another.