89 Wu Xingxie's Marriage (7)

Inside her room, Wu Xingxie lain on her bed, eyes closed as her soft breathing filled the room. With the blanket over her body, the candles lit up the rooms, illuminating her face in the darkness.

Since autumn had begun, the wind was much more frequent, so Wu Xingxie spent time inside her room, completing whatever Wu Dingxiang sent her.

She had been down these past days, but reminded herself that the feelings would eventually die off and she'll get over a certain male.

A tear slipped down her cheek, soaking the pillow. Wu Xingxie wasn't aware she was crying in her state of slumber, but that night, she had a dream that made her even more melancholy the next day.

"Eldest Miss, what's wrong?" Yuyan asked as she brushed the girl's hair, noticing her solemn expression. Yuyan knew her very well, so whenever something was bothering her, Yuyan always asked about it.

"Yuyan," Wu Xingxie called out in a quite yet
soft voice.

"Have you ever had a dream that felt as if it was reality?" She asked, looking at herself in the mirror.

"I don't think so. My dreams are mostly about me on an adventure." Yuyan replied, reaching for a hairpin.

Wu Xingxie blinked and parted her lips to speak but the words were stuck in her throat.
Since she had always been someone with great memorization, the dream was stuck in her mind, distracting her train of thought.

"What did you dream of last night?" Yuyan asked, arranging the female's hair in place.
Although Wu Xingxie didn't reply right away, Yuyan was used to her slow responses so she waited patiently.

About a few minutes of silence, Wu Xingxie glanced at her twitching fingers, deciding to describe the dream.

It's just a dream. Why can't I just say it?

"In the dream," Once again, Wu Xingxie's words remained in her throat.

She wanted to tell the dream but for some unknown reason, the words never came out.

"I-" Something was obstructing her speech, Wu Xingxie realized no matter how hard she tried to word the dream, it was physically impossible.

She stood up abruptly, surprising Yuyan who questioned if anything was wrong.

Wu Xingxie looked around, scanning the room like a paranoid person.

"I want to say the dream, but I can't speak when I try to." She explained, wondering if there was something going on with her.

"Or maybe, it wasn't an authentic dream but someone else's doing." Wu Xingxie guessed as with magic, it was possible to cast a spell on the target and have them view whatever the caster wanted.

"Whoever was behind this wants to tell me something but what?"

In all honesty, Wu Xingxie had never been in a situation like this one so she didn't know what to do.

Who was behind it?
What was their purpose?
How did they cast the spell?

There were many unanswered questions.

Wu Xingxie suspected if it had something to do with the masked man. After all, he was the one who had mysteriously entered her chambers before.

If it was indeed the masked man, what does the Demon King want from me?

Wu Xingxie suspected him, but little did she know, it was someone else. Someone she would never have expected.....

***
The disconsolate tune of a flute resonated in the woods, causing all the animals living in it to feel the pain of the one playing it.

Ironically, the beautiful sound was played by a tiger who felt as if he failed the one he loved.

His heart was broken after learning that the love of his life was marrying someone else. He denied it at first, but after seeing the preparations being made with his own eyes, he came to realize that he was too slow with his plans to court her. Yet, a part of him was hurt by how she changed so many events all for the sake of revenge.

Revenge was done by those who felt they had been wronged by other people. With his status, no one would dare wrong him, so he didn't understand her personal feelings or purpose of the revenge at all.

All he knew was that she was gradually becoming more distant, different from how when he met her the first time.

Hu Jiayi continued to play his song, since he didn't know if he should interfere with the upcoming wedding or let it happen.

His thoughts wondered off to his best friend Wei, who had been the one to tell him about the whole situation. As much as he was hurt, he knew Wei was also hurt even though the man tried not to show it.

They already agreed that they wouldn't fight over her but both also never made a move on her. Hu Jiayi parted his lips from the flute and gripped it tighter.

He knew he was in no position to interfere in her life but he just wanted a chance with her.

"She's not married now, so I can try my luck." Cheering himself up, Hu Jiaiyi's lips curved into a gentle smile. Just one smile and the whole forest brightened up. The animals were no longer hiding as they stepped out, approaching the male.

A young deer popped out from the tree, glancing at the man.

"Come here." Hu Jiayi called softly, waving his hand at the animal. Having real tiger blood in him, Hu Jiayi possessed the ability to understand other animals. The same applies to those part of the animal based clans. While most didn't bother to use it, Hu Jiayi used his to communicate with them as he grew up lonely. Until he met Wei, his only friends were wild animals which he saved from being killed for entertainment purposes.

"I want to do something for the person I like. Will you help me?" He asked the shy deer.
The animal understood him, but could the man understand his kind?

"I want to." The deer spoke to see if the man was bluffing or for real.

"That's great then! You're so cute!" Hu Jiayi picked up the small deer, much to the animal's shock.

"Why are you picking me up?!" The deer whined as he preferred to walk on his legs.

Despite being small, he had quite a loud voice.

Hu Jiayi ignored his complaints as he carried the young deer away to help him.

*****

This is not related to the book but HAVE Y'ALL SEEN BTS'S COMEBACK?
My wig has disintegrated into outer space.