11 The Banquet (5)

Once the young masters settled down, everyone waited for the star of the banquet to arrive.

They chatted with each other, trying to guess how she would look like. After seeing the faces of the young masters, the other guests began to worry. If they were all handsome, then imagine how the daughter of Master Wu must look!

After a few minutes, the doors creaked open. A young maid walked in, holding the hands of her miss.

Everyone was shock by what they saw.
They thought Wu Xingxie would be all dressed up but the Eldest Miss looked so plain.

Madam Wu seeing the girl sneered in her heart. Foolish girl, you're only humiliating yourself!

Dressed in a simple white hanfu with black swirls on the sleeves, Wu Xingxie gracefully walked in. The dress was fitting, enhancing her body curves. For a sixteen years old girl, she was very healthy and seemed to have mature faster than other girls.

What was shocking was the veil on her face, covering most of her face. Despite this, the people could sense her powerful charisma. Even though they couldn't see her face, her eyes were captivating.

The Crown Prince as surprised. He thought he would finally get to see her face but the girl had to cover it up.

Naturally, no one could tell her to remove it. She was still an unmarried young girl so showing her face in front of so many people other than her family was improper.

Wu Yunxia was the most shock. He hadn't seen Wu Xingxie in a long time so he didn't know how much the girl had grown. Jealousy filled his heart as he saw everyone's eyes on her.

An evil idea came into his head.

Wu Xingxie, you fake! Get ready to face the most humiliating moment of your life.

Yuyan escorted Xingxie in front of Master and Madam Wu. Although it was a banquet, Wu Xingxie paid her respects by greeting them formally.

"Daughter greets father and mother."
Wu Xingxie's voice was soft, yet it sounded sweet and mellow which made others want to hear more.

Master gestured for her to rise and take her seat. Since she was the eldest child, her seat was next to Wu Yunxia the second eldest.

As Xingxie walked to her seat, she saw that Yunxia planned to use his powers and trip her. Of course, such a generic trick would not work on her anymore. Before, she would simply apologize for her carelessness and not think about it much. Maybe they just wanted to have fun so she intentionally let herself fall.

This time, Wu Xingxie smirked under her veil as she removed the trap and sat on her seat.

Wu Yunxia turned pale. He was watching her the whole time and although he couldn't see her smirk, he felt as if she was looking down on her.

"Now that Eldest Miss had arrived, let us begin." Master Wu announced and soon, music started to play. Dancers entered the platform, performing a beautiful dance. Everyone acted like they were enjoying it but once in a while, they would glance at Wu Xingxie.

They really wanted to see the face under the veil. After the dancers finished, the food was served as a storyteller entered the stage. He told a funny story making everyone laugh but Wu Xingxie kept an aloof face. She'd read the story many times. It was really boring here.

What she really wanted to do was check on Xuan as he was still sleeping. The boy needed as much rest as possible. She even set up a magical barrier in case anyone dared to harm her brother.

Once the story ended, everyone clapped.
The next performer wasn't ready, which angered Master Wu. The man held his wrath in since he was in front of so many eyes. So, he told the man to quickly find something else to perform. Seeing the dilemma, Wu Xingxie saw an opportunity.

The next performer was going to perform a sword dance but his swords went missing. Unbeknownst to him, it was Wu Xingxie who hid his swords.

"Father." Xingxie's voice called.

Master Wu heard her and looked towards her. Madam Wu was also wondering why the girl was calling her husband. She wanted to know what tricks this girl was up to.

"What is it Xing'er?" He sounded disappointed just as Xingxie wanted him to be. It was part of her plans after all.

"Seeing as the sir cannot perform, how about this daughter give it a try?" Wu Xingxie suggested.

Hearing her words, Master Wu felt stupid. That was right! How could he forget?

Wu Xingxie was capable of using the swords.

"However, since I cannot sword dance, wouldn't it be much more interesting if I duel with someone else?" Wu Xingxie turned her head to Wu Yunxia who was also trying to figure out what she was doing.

He finally got the hint. She was challenging him to a duel!

Master Wu caught on fast and quickly agreed.

"For our next performance, the Eldest Miss and First Young Master will be dueling."

When everyone heard this, they went wild.

Wu Xingxie versus Wu Yunxia, who was better at fighting?

It wasn't just about winning though. This was to show who was more competent.

The eldest daughter of Madam Wu or the eldest son of a deceased concubine?

As the two oldest, the future of the Wu family was in their hands. Since both were young, they were given mass education but in different environments.

Even though Wu Yunxia's mother was dead, everyone saw how close he was to Madam Wu. She would take him on trips, introducing him to many people. Wu Xingxie however, no one was sure of their relationship since she was never seen outside the manor. However, Madam Wu made it seem like she loved her daughter earlier.

*****
We've reached over 200 reads so here is a double update!