30 Qinghai (1)

Wu Xingxie informed Xi Zhuhong about her plans to travel with Wei, so she wouldn't be worried. It was also that she could keep watch of their clones. The clones looked exactly like them and even acted the same way.

"Eldest Miss, you're coming back right?" Yuyan had tears in her eyes as she hugged the sleeves of her master.
Wu Xingxie had transformed into a young man with an average build and face. This way, no one would be able to tell who she was.

"Don't cry. Of course I will be back. Please take good care of Xuan'er for me." Wu Xingxie pleaded her sweetly which made her stop crying.

"Leave this to us." Xi Zhuhong helped Wu Xingxie pack along with Yuyan so that everything was organized.

Before the two left, Xi Zhuhong gave Wei a warning.

"Listen here. If you even dare to seduce the Eldest Miss, we'll see what happens."

Wei awkwardly smiled before reassuring that he's not that sort of guy who would take advantage of a female disguised as a male.

Wu Xingxie didn't make any comments as she knew if Wei tried anything dirty, she would not hesitate to beat him up. She valued her virginity and was not going to let just anyone take it.

***
On the large branch of a tree, a man had lain on it, but his white hair remained in place.

He let out a low laugh as he picked one of the leaves.

"If only..... If you hadn't return, would we have been a loving couple?"

He questioned knowing the answer was impossible to tell.

The man had always loved Wu Xingxie. In her original life, and even in this timeline, he was still in love with her.

What made him love someone who didn't even know him?

When he first laid eyes on Wu Xingxie, it wasn't just love at first sight.

It was the look in her eyes as she healed his wounds despite not knowing who he was. That time, he had been seriously injured by a magical beast, but a veiled woman happened to be nearby and saved him. She didn't question why or how he was injured. Instead, she tended to his injuries and was silent the whole time.

The girl not only knew magic, she had medical skills as well. Since they were in the magical realm, she disappeared after healing him before he could even say thanks or ask for her name. There was a mysterious aura which was left behind after she disappeared.

However, he didn't give up. He searched the empire for her and his perseverance paid off in the end.

It turned out, she was Wu Xingxie, Eldest Miss of the Wu family. As Wu Dingxiang was named prime minister, more families wanted to ask for her hand in marriage. A talented and beautiful woman, what man wouldn't want her as a wife? Even the Crown Prince, who had married by then wanted to change his Princess Consort after seeing Wu Xingxie's beauty for the first time.

Since the man's family members had been nagging him for being single, he told them he had found someone who he wanted to be with. They went chaotic after hearing his words, as if their hearing had gone bad.

However, his father quickly asked who it was that had captured the attention of his son. After telling them it was Wu Xingxie, his mother cried tears of joy. They contacted the Wu family and since Master Wu wanted the connections of the other 4 families, he gladly offered her to them.

***
To get to Qinghai, the normal way was by carriage or walking, but Wu Xingxie and Wei were both cultivtors capable of magic and they wanted to get there fast.

"Don't you have a Spirit Animal?" He asked the male dressed in a basic brown robe.

Wu Xingxie, who had chosen the name Mu Ye replied in her new voice,

"I do, but I rarely use it."

Mu Ye was taller than Wu Xingxie and despite his average face, his voice was also very soothing. To others, he was less appealing than Wei since the latter was dashingly handsome.

"Well, use it so we can get there faster."
He suggested and although Mu Ye thought it was burdensome, he reluctantly summoned his Spirit Animal.

Wei's eyes opened wide when he saw the creature. With no limbs or wings, how were they going to travel? The creature glowed brightly, slowly slithering near its owner.

It's skin was red as blood, with eyes the color of gold. A hissing sound came from it's mouth and the serpent began to speak.

"Master, who is this man?"
Although Wu Xingxie had taken on a different look, the serpent could still tell who she was. Wu Xingxie hadn't summoned him in years so the serpent was oblivious to who she had met.

"Is he your husband?" The serpent blurted, a smug smile on it's lips.