36 Qinghai (7)

Mu Ye walked down the busy streets, trying to look for a good store for fresh food.

Growing up in a wealthy family, Wu Xingxie never had to do chores or even cook but she didn't mind doing this. Sometimes, the simple things in life are the best.

She enjoyed seeing people working hard to make a living. If she could, she would wish to live an ordinary life but sadly her life was complicated and forced her to be cautious of others.

Having come upon a good store that sold vegetables and meat, Mu Ye looked at the goods before choosing the best ones to buy. He had to admit, Hu Jiayi was a great cook so of course she had to choose the best ingredients.

After paying, Mu Ye thanked the shop owner before leaving the building.

"Come again, young man!" The store owner was very happy because the young lad paid him extra for his crops and meat. His hard work of using the best soil, water, and keeping the animals in good health really paid off.

Mu Ye moved the vegetables and meat to a different realm temporarily so that he would not have to carry it along the way.

At first, he planned on going straight home until a group of thugs surrounded his path.

"Hey, young boy, where are your parents? Kids shouldn't be walking alone." A tall man wearing worn out clothes stated with smugness.

"Boss, he's not that ugly looking. How much do you think he's worth?" Another thug asked, grinning along with the others.

"His face isn't that attractive but the ladies love young boys so they wouldn't mind." The Boss replied, blocking Mu Ye's way.

Mu Ye wasn't in any mood to fight but these thugs were asking for it.

"Move." He demanded in an icy tone. From his voice, the thugs felt as if a beast who had been disturbed woke up from sleep.

"Who do you think you are? We're well known for doing what we want. No one would dare to help you!" The Boss yelled trying intimidate him.

Mu Ye smirked,
"Is that so?"

Without a second, he appeared before the Boss who gasped at his action.

This kid was a cultivator?!
And how did he move so fast?!

No one had time to react as the leader was knocked out with just Mu Ye flicking his forehead. It looked light, but Mu Ye used his Qi, causing the blow to hurt a thousand times worse. The thug leader fell on the ground, screaming as he touched his forehead.

"What did you do!!?"

Mu Ye's smirk disappeared as he glared at the others.

"I planned to let you guys off but seeing as none of you have run away as I was giving you the chance, seems like I have no choice."

With these words, Mu Ye attacked all the thugs, even those who tried to run off he gave no mercy. Having immobilized them, he then stripped them off their clothings, tying them up together to humiliate them.

Once he was satisfied, Mu Ye called for everyone to witness this obscenity.

People gathered around and shook their heads at the thugs who thought they were all that. Those who had been victimized by them in the past began to throw things at the thugs. Some threw eggs, others were so vengeful they threw rocks and stones, because these thugs kidnapped young men and sold them to brothels. Despicable bastards like them should be tortured rather than killed on the spot!

***

Mu Ye returned to the hut with a satisfied face. As he was about to enter, he heard the voices of Wei and Hu Jiayi talking.

He hesitated and listened to what they were saying.

"I know it was him who sent the assassin."
Hu Jiayi spoke with certainty.

"Gee, I wonder why?"
Wei replied sarcastically as he shook his head.

"No reason, maybe he wants the secrets of my family?" Hu Jiayi replied not caring that Wei was sarcastic. The two males both looked up as the door opened and Mu Ye entered.

Hu Jiayi's eyes lit up and he stood up, walking over to help the boy carry the groceries.

"Mu Ye, you're back!" He exclaimed, which made the boy take a step back.

*****
So glad break is finally here!