22 Ambitions (4)

"Xuan'er, it is my fault. I was unaware of all the pain you've been through. This time, Jiejie will not let anyone harm you. So don't cry ok?"

Wu Xingxie bent down and wiped away his tears.

Wei stood there watching the two. He felt out of place between the two sister and brother so he could only smile awkwardly.

"Since you saved Xuan'er, I am indebted to you." Xingxie said to him as she bowed.

"Eldest Miss, don't!" He grabbed her shoulders to stop her.

"I was just doing my job. The Seventh Young Master is a child so how could I not save him from evil people in this manor?" Although he meant the male servant who pushed Wu Xuan, his words held deeper meaning.

"Wei gege is very fun. Jiejie, I want him to train me!" The boy said excited. His mood changed really quick today.

"Train you?" Xingxie knew what he meant.
Wei was a high ranking guard who was trained to be skilled in martial arts and she was sure he could cultivate.

"Mister Wei, can you cultivate?" She asked and he nodded.

"I am at Advanced Level if you'd like to know."

Advanced level? The 11th level was one of the hardest levels to achieve and he didn't look very old so how did he do it? As Xingxie guessed, this man was more than meets the eye.

"How old are you?" She didn't want to seem like she was interrogating him so she added,

"You don't seem that old."

"Thanks for the compliment. Eldest Miss, I am 19 years old." He gave her an eye smile, showing off his handsome face.

You're only 3 years older than me?!

Wu Xingxie thought he would at least be in the early twenties because he didn't look like a teenager at all.

"You were expecting me to be older right? I'm turning 20 this month actually."

He didn't find it offensive that people often miscalculated his age but it just shows he was mature for his age.

"As for the Seventh Young Master's request, I can certainly help you train. It's just...."

"What's wrong?" Xingxie arched an eyebrow.

"I'll have to change my post."

As a guard, he had to protect the people of the manor but he was not loyal to the other servants. His priority was Madam Wu's two children.

"Do you have to ask father?" Just calling him that made her heart bitter. In fact, Xingxie was starting to question her lineage. If she really was her mother's daughter, then why did Madam Wu hate her so much?

"No. Just before you asked to meet me, the Master sent me a letter."

Xingxie narrowed her eyes. So he really was one of Wu Dingxiang's men?

"He ordered me to be your personal bodyguard after what happened at the banquet."

Hearing his words, Xingxie nearly choked on her words.

"Personal bodyguard?"

"Does that mean Wei gege will be with us more often?" Xuan was particularly content with the outcome. The two people whom he admired so much were going to be closer!

He felt that if Wu Xingxie married a man like Wei, she would be happy. Of course, his sister thought different.

"I don't need a bodyguard." Xingxie declared seriously, her voice without emotions. That man was just trying to keep watch of her every move.

"If you think I am sent by the Master to watch your moves and report back then you're wrong. The Master just wants me to protect you from harm because you are an important person to him."
Wei knew she would probably suspect him. After all, in this family, many top secrets were held and could be fatal if leaked to the public. Although they were wealthy, not everyone lived a lavish life.

Wu Dingxiang was the head of the household but he had two other brothers who had their own wife and children. So, they were not happy he had all the power in their clan. They could only stay quite but were always waiting for a chance to bite.

Wu Xingxie had never met any of her cousins but she knew they lived in the manor. Since it was so huge, her chances of seeing them were low as they kept a low profile.

She had never bothered to meet them but maybe, they could be useful in her plans.

"I understand. Since you're my bodyguard, you better not betray me. Otherwise, I will never let you off." Wu Xingxie was a woman of her word. She would not let him live peacefully if he ever betrayed her in his life.

In order to get revenge, Wu Xingxie was willing to take any risk and face anyone who dared to stop her. Little did she know, Wei would become one of her closest allies.

*****
Yay! Another update, our ship has begun to sail!