40 The Tiger's Blood (1)

As Wu Xingxie waited for Wei and Hu Jiayi to return, she started to create the removal for the marks on her chest by grinding the herbs, forming a paste.

Once the paste formed, she poured it into a pot and added water to the mixture. Covering it with the lid, Wu Xingxie wondered how she was going to get Hu Jiayi's blood.

The Hu family was one of the animal based clans. Despite being humans, their blood was the same as that of the animal their family represented, in this case the Tiger.

The Hu family was unique in that nearly every member in the family had silver white hair and they prefer to be mysterious.

From the moment babies from the Hu family are born, the first thing checked was their hair color. If the baby had a different hair color, that meant they didn't inherit the tiger's blood. For the most part, they do inherit it. Hu Jiayi was the current heir, but he didn't care for his family's power.

He'd rather live a secluded life making music, talking to animals and thinking about the person he loved. Of course, if he could use his family's power to support Wu Xingxie then he was ready to take over at any time.

"The Black Immortal has made his move. We can't sit back any longer." Said Wei as he took his top off, showing his sculpted muscles and abs. Hu Jiayi did the same, and despite looking feminine because of his clothing, he was well-built when bare. Both males were healthy, and any woman who saw them would die from the hotness they revealed.

The two were getting ready to duel, as a way of training. Especially when a war was bound to come in less than a year.

"Here I go." Wei unsheathed his sword, getting his body to focus.

Meanwhile, Hu Jiayi closed his eyes, channeling spiritual energy into his blood vessels. In the blink of an eye, the once human looking man changed into a fierce looking creature with golden eyes and black strips throughout his body. His fingernails became pointy claws, and a growl escaped from his mouth.

"That forms still amazes me to this day." Wei commented, ready to send the first attack as he charged towards Hu Jiayi.

Moving his sword in a fast motion, Wei tried to stab Hu Jiayi who stopped the blade with his bare hands. The metal of the sword clashed with his claws, emitting an awful sound.

"You've gotten slower." A smirk plastered on Hu Jiayi's face, as he pulled on the sword, sending Wei flying to the side.

Wei regained his balance and landed on his two feet by refocusing his spiritual energy, sneering at the man who had certainly gotten stronger.

Before he could react, Hu Jiayi teleported in front of him, his sharp claws piercing into Wei's stomach, causing him to vomit blood.

Despite the pain, he liked the feeling of the adrenaline rush. He had always been the one with the advantages, but Hu Jiayi improved a lot. Was it because he was so happy from seeing Wu Xingxie?

Thinking back to yesterday evening, the image of Wu Xingxie's body flashed before his mind, disturbing his focus.

He felt Hu Jiayi remove his claws, preparing to strike once again.

Wei threw a kick at his legs, but Hu Jiayi simply growled, grabbing Wei's long legs, scratching them.

Flipping the man over, Hu Jiayi pounced on Wei, summoning his sword and aiming it at his neck.

"I win." He declared proudly.

Wei scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"It was just training. No need to be so competitive." Although he was upset about losing, Wei was happy to see his friend become stronger than ever. In fact, Hu Jiayi was always strong, he just hated violence.

Only, when he used the tiger form, his instincts become more acute and it was as if he wasn't human anymore. Even without using it, Hu Jiayi was a formidable opponent. He didn't like using it because it required him to change the places of his Qi and blood, which he found too unnatural.

"Aren't you going to heal your wounds?" Hu Jiayi reverted to his original self, his eyes changing to brown and the stripes disappearing. His hands changed to how they were instead of the frightening claws.

Wei touched the wound on his stomach which didn't even hurt as he had experienced much worse pain already.

"I'll do it now." Wei replied, forming a ball of fire in his hands, which he used to touch the wound with. Rather than burning himself, the flame was a healing property which he had, so the bleeding stopped, returning his skin to no wound at all.

"As expected of a Phoenix." Hu Jiayi praised but then apologized after realizing what he said.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring that up."

Wei's face changed to serious when he heard Hu Jiayi call him a Phoenix.
He hated being called that.

"It's alright. I don't consider myself the same as those stuck up beings." Wei stated coldly, a hint of malice in his eyes.

"The Feng family left me to die but too bad I didn't and Master found me. He gave me a name and raised me as his own." Wei continued while Hu Jiayi listened, sadness in his heart. When they first met, Wei introduced himself as an orphan as he did with Wu Xingxie.

It was true, he had no idea who his parents were or even how they looked. All he knew was the fact that they were also from one of the five founding families like Hu Jiayi and Wu Xingxie belonged in. His parents were of the Feng clan, but he had never met them.
He didn't want to nor would he forgive them for abandoning him.

"My only family is Master's family. That includes his children." Wei said, picking up his top and putting it back on.

*****
A bit more information on Wei, our lovely bodyguard.