Chapter 1

Last Update. Feb 28, 2018.

Not Edited.

ALENA

"I'm really sorry Madame Athalena but I can't let you enter."

Rob, my dear friend and Head of Security at the McGregor Holdings headquarters, looks at me sympathetically. I'm standing outside the main door of this huge and state of the art building to see my husband. Well, soon to be ex-husband. The thought makes my heart clench. But I have to be strong. I did absolutely nothing wrong. I did not have an affair with another man. But what am I to do if he would rather listen to false rumors than to his own wife?

"I understand you're following orders Rob but I really need to see Leo."

"We tried to convince him Madame, but he won't listen to reason." Said a voice from behind Rob. Coming towards us is Mrs. Jones, Leo's secretary. Having been the secretary of Leo's father until his retirement, Mrs. Jones is the second mother figure in Leo's life. Now that Leo has replaced his father as CEO, Mrs. Jones continues to serve has his secretary.

Seeing the sympathetic looks the cast at me, my eyes start to mist. No. I will not cry. These two wonderful people were among the few who believed me. I do not want to hurt them even more by crying.

"But I need to tell him something important." I said. An idea crossing my mind I say, "Mrs. Jones, can I ask a favor? Can I ask for some paper and an envelope? I could write him a letter. Maybe at the very least he would read it." I say hopefully.

"Certainly Madame."

Mrs. Jones approaches the reception desk, procuring the items I requested. She returns outside handing me the items. I write my heart and soul to the letter, praying to God that Leo will read it. Once finished, I slip the letter inside the envelope, written with his name. Handing it over to Mrs Jones I say "Please tell him to read it. Please tell him it's very very important."

"I will do my very best Madame."

I sigh. "Very well. I guess that's all I can do." Looking at the purple and orange stained sky I continue "I should just head home."

"Have you found an appropriate place to stay Madame?" Mrs. Jones asks with a worried face.

"If you could wait Madame, my shift ends in an hour I can escort you home." Rob said frowning.

I smile feigning enthusiasim and reply "That won't be necessary Rob, I can take care of myself. And don't worry Mrs. Jones, I'm staying with a friend at the moment." I hug them both before bidding them goodbye.

As I walk to the train station, I touch my stomach. "Let's pray that your Papa will read the letter little one."

"