Chapter 15

Sorry guys. Got caught up with work.

Last Updated. August 17, 2018

Not Edited.

LEO

I lean back on my chair exhausted. I didn't get any sleep thinking about what happened yesterday.

"DON'T HURT MY MOM!"

Seeing the kids in person hit home. They looked big yet so small.

I smile remembering the little boy earnestly attacking me to protect Alena. My boy. An unfamiliar rush of what could only be fatherly pride warms my heart. Which of the boys is he? Leighton or Luccarion?

My thoughts then turn to the other little boy and the beautiful girl pulling on Alena. The whole bunch has the protective streak.

I open one of my drawers, pulling out the kids' photos from the PI's report.

My kids. And you've missed eight years of their life. You dare call yourself their father?

I shake my head at the thought. Stop. Don't go there. It's too late though as dread weighs my heart.

Suddenly, the intercom buzzes. "Excuse me Sir, sorry to disturb but an Archt. Williams would like to speak to you. Should I let her up?" My secretary asks.

I am surprised; both by her unexpected visit and the sudden excitement I feel in hearing this news.

"Sir?"

"Ah. Yes, let her up. Please prepare some coffee and snacks for us as well." Get your sh*t together Leo.

"Noted Sir." My secretary replies.

Unconciously, I start fixing my suit and tidying my hair. I pause when I realize what I'm doing. Chill. Its only Alena.

Exactly, it's Alena.

Shut it Leo. I shake my head to focus on the impending battle.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I say aloud.

"Sir, Archt. Williams." He says while ushering Alena in.

"Thank you." Alena says to my secretary with a polite smile.

"I'll bring in the coffee and snacks in a few minutes." My secretary says to both of us before leaving.

I look at Alena, doing my best to look indifferent. "Please take a seat."

"Thank you Mr. McGregor." She replies. As she walks towards the seat across from my desk, I take my time looking at her. She looks as beautiful as I remember. Maybe even more. The photos of her infidelity then flash in my head. F*ck. Control yourself Leo.