Chapter 2

Last Update. Feb 28, 2018

Not Edited.

LEO

"I have a letter from Madame Athalena sir."

My secretary places an envelope on my desk. Aunt Trish, or as everyone else calls her Mrs. Jones, worked as my father's secretary before his retirement. Thus, she is like a second mother figure to me, as she has been with me ever since my childhood. Now that I have taken my father's place, she continues to work as my secretary. And despite her being my secretary, I still continue to call her Aunt Trish.

"Why are you bringing this to me Aunt Trish?"

"The Madame said it was important. And you know that I do not belive these infidelity rumors. Besides, even if it were true, I also do not agree with your actions. You should talk to her and hear here side of the story. Communication is very important in all relationships."

I do not reply since I've heard her repeat that several times. I stare at the envelope with my name. Pain. Anger. Disgust. I am flooded with mixed emotions that are hard to keep contained.

"I shall take my leave then sir."

I continue to stare at the envelope as Aunt Trish closes the door.

Why Alena? Was my love not enough for you? I remember the photo my cousin showed to me last week. My beloved Alena holding hands with another man. I refused to believe it telling him it must be someone who looks like Alena. Then he shows me more photos -- the same man and Alena entering a her favourite restaurant, a man kissing Alena with her arms around his neck, Alena and the same man entering a motel. My cousin said that the man was her boyfriend during college, further commenting that it seemed that they have rekindled their relationship.

I remember coming home and searching her laundry when she wasn't looking. I remember finding the same dress worn by the supposedly Alena in the photo. I remember ordering a PI to investigate if the man in the photo was truly Alena's ex-boyfriend.  Hearing the PI's confirmation was the last nail that shattered by heart and the truth dawned on me. Alena cheated.

My heart clenches as I stare at my name written with beautiful strokes by my wife ....... my ex-wife. Finally making up my mind, I throw the letter to the trash without remorse. I take out my phone and dial my lawyer.

"Smith, I want to file for a divorce. Prepare all documents necessary immediately."