Chapter 32

I'm sorry :(

I just keep on apologizing to you guys but I just can't keep up with my promise of weekly updates. It doesn't help as well that I do not have a clear vision of how I want this story to end. I hope you guys continue to bear with me :(

Last Updated. September 17, 2019

Badly Not Edited.

ALENA

Alena: I'm here. Where are you?

I text Leo from the school parking lot. I look up to the blue cloudy sky, hoping to garner strength from mother nature for what is to come ahead. The stares ... the gossip -- just thinking about it makes me sucks all the energy out of me. But it is for the children so I will just have to suck it up. I am definitely treating myself after.

Ping.

Leo: Hey, here at the entrance.

Alena: Alright. Walking there.

Despite nagging urge to leave, I quickly make my way to the school entrance.

"Hi Alena." Leo greets with smile.

I can't help but return his smile saying "Good afternoon Leo. Are you ready?"

"Honestly? A little nervous and I don't know why." He pauses shaking his head, then continues "But whatever. Shall we?" Leo says, offering his arm.

I do not know what came over me but I immediately take his offered arm. Only when we entered the school did I realise my mistake. Now people will surely notice. Good job Alena.

But walking along side him, arm in arm, just seems so natural ... so right?

Get yourself together Alena! Now is not the time!

We soon reach the classroom. Leo looks at his watch exclaiming "3PM right on time" before knocking. The teacher, Miss Mary, politely ushers us in.

"Good afternoon Ma'am Alena. How are you?" The teacher says politely. She subtly glances at Leo, her curiosity evident.

"Good as always Miss Mary, thank you for asking." I gesture to Leo, answering her silent question. "Let me introduce you to Leo McGregor, my children's father."

Shock flashes on her face, but she quickly hides it with a smile and handshake saying "Oh it's a pleasure to finally meet you Sir." Once we are all seated, she gets right on business.

"I'm proud to report that your three angels are doing very well academically. I have no qualms in that area, especially with Luccarion." She pauses and focuses her attention Leo before proceeding "I've told Ma'am Alena previously that we could have Luccarion take some advance subjects. I recommend this based on my observation that he is, for lack of a better word, bored perhaps? He is able to quickly understand his lessons at the current level. The challenge of taking advance subjects might be good for him. But as you may both know, I doubt he would agree to this because it would mean he wouldn't be on the same class as his siblings." She pauses giving us knowing looks.