Chapter 39

Hey guys!

Hope everything is well with everyone. Dropping a new chapter but I'd like to warn you that like this chapter it will probably take me a while to write the next one. Will definitely do my best to finish it as soon as possible but no promises.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Leave your thoughts in the comments, I love hearing from you but please do so respectfully and positively.

Much love and stay safe everyone!

Last updated. August 6, 2020

Not Edited.

LEO

"Dad where's Mom?" Lucca asks worriedly.

Lucca, Laila, and I are currently standing hand-in-hand at the school entrance, waiting for Alena to arrive for Lei's practice game. My little princess is still wary of me because of that encounter with Lauren so I held Lucca's hand while Lucca, standing between Laila and I, held both of ours.

You fucked up big time Leo.

I am angry at myself for hurting my kids. Thankfully after venting his anger two nights ago, Lucca has remained how he was before the Lauren incident. He did not return to the Lucca I meet several months ago; the who attacked me at the cafe and glared at me every time we saw each other. Hopefully that means he trusts me a little bit more.

Lei, though not upfront, is clearly affected by the what happened. Rather usual passivity and laidbackness, he seemed to have gotten some of Lucca's being responsible. Yesterday and earlier, he and Lucca seem to be in an understanding to do what they can to lift Laila and Alena's mood. But what scares me the most with Lei is that his interaction with me has not changed at all. This could be due to many reasons such as Lei being actually very angry with me and is just bottling it up, or it could be that Lei is not shocked at all by what happened because he expected the worse from me, or he simply does not care about me. Whichever it is, none of these are good.

Laila on the other hand has not spoken to me. When I picked them up earlier instead of a hug, without making eye contact she merely gives me a nod. The same goes when I ask her anything. I steeled myself for the consequences of my fuck up but still it hurt to be in the receiving end of my bubbly princess' cold reception.

I will not mess up again.

Next, my thoughts turn to Alena who I've been having difficulty contacting. After many attempts of contacting her in vain, I finally got a hold of her 30 minutes ago. She said an emergency came up at work so she forgot to inform me that she would be late. It's a good thing that, to begin with, it was planned that I would pick up the kids from school to bring them home and prepare for the practice game. It was now five minutes till the game starts and Alena is still nowhere in sight.