Chapter 6

Late I know. I'm sorry, please forgive me 😫😫😫

Last Update. May 5, 2018

Not Edited.

LEO

"Here."

I look to my lawyer after signing the contract for the property I just purchased.

"Thank you Sir. I will provide a copy to the real estate company."

This is it. My dream taking form. I zone out and remember the space that will soon become my restaurant.

Contrary to common belief, I have an all-consuming passion for cooking. During college, I secretly asked my mother if I can enroll in a few culinary classes. She didn't mind at all and found my hiding of my passion strange. However, she respected my decision so to this day my family is not aware of my love for cooking. So to continue this charade I make the decisions and Stan, the restaurant General Manager, handles all the necessary transactions.

"Stan, have all the architects send their design within the week."

"Noted sir. I would also like to confirm Sir if we will proceed with the taste testing tomorrow?"

"Yes, we'll proceed."

We discuss other concerns and finish our meeting after an hour. Stan takes his leave and I'm left alone with my pile of work. Great.

I begin to tackle the many tasks I have to finish. I focus so much that I am surprised when my secretary suddenly calls me throught the intercom.

"Good afternoon Sir, I apologize for disturbing but Madam Valencia is here to see you."

I sigh deeply. Trouble.

"Let her in."

I few seconds later Marina Valencia, CEO of Blue Streak Technologies, comes sauntering into my office.

I rise from my chair and extend my hand for a handshake. She ignores it. Instead, she chooses to come to my side of the desk, giving me a hug and a kiss in the cheek.

"It's wonderful to see you again Leo. I've missed you."

I force a polite smile on my face and cut right to business. "To what do I owe this visit Ms. Valencia?"

"Geez Leo, no need to be so uptight." She says as she pushes me to sit on my chair. "And that's Marina to you, I've told you dozens of times." She proceeds to sit on my desk, making sure that her skirt rides higher up her thighs.

I sigh internally. Why did I ever sleep with this woman?

"I came here to deliver this." She holds up an envelope which I assume is their proposal for one of our projects.

I take it from her and place it on my desk. "You could've had it delivered."

"True, but how could I miss an opportunity to see my dearest Leo."

Since our college days, Marina has always seducing me. So I gave in, slept with her but made it abundantly clear the it was a no strings attached kind of night. Why not? She's offering herself plus it may drive her away once she's had her share.

But I was very wrong. Sleeping with her was like I opened a floodgate. Since then, she has been even more relentless in her actions to the point of fighting with other women I've slept with.

"Marina, you know I have a girlfriend." Marina is also another reason why I agreed to Lauren's arrangement. As they say, hit to birds with one stone.

"Ah yes, Lauren, how could I forget." She says with a hint of venom in her voice. "Well, doesn't matter. You know who can truly rock your world love." She says, giving me a wink with fingers slowly caress my jaw.

Brrrrr. Brrrr. Brrrrrrr.

Thank God for whoever is calling me right now.

"I should take this call Marina. You know your way out."

"Yes yes. I'll go ahead. I have a meeting in ..." she pauses as she looks at her watch "... an hour. See you love." She steals a quick kiss on my lips then walks out of my office.

I sigh again, feeling very drained from our encounter.

Brrr. Brrrrrr.

Without looking at the caller, I answer the call. "Mcgregor."

"Leo" I hear my bestfriend's frantic voice from the other line.

"Alex, what's wrong?" Alex is Aunt Trish's son and my best friend since childhood.

"Mom, she's ..." I feel a cold shudder run through my body.

"Alex, breathe. What happened?"

"Mom, she's ... we're in the hospital."

"Why? What happened? Are you guys okay?"

"Mom ... she's been in a car accident."