Chapter 5

Last Update. Feb 27, 2018

Not Edited.

LEO

8 YEARS LATER

"Good morning babe."

I slowly open my eyes to the early morning light. As my eyes adjust to my bright surroundings, I see Lauren getting dressed by the walk-in closet. Lauren, the daughter of my father's friend, was literally pushed unto me by my mother who was worried that I would not settle down again.

I still want to see my grandchildren from you born and raised.

I planned to reject her, as I usually did. But Lauren, who was also being pushed into settling down, proposed that we keep a friends-with-benefits type of relationship. "We get to enjoy each others company in bed, plus we get our families off our backs. A win-win situation. And don't worry, I do not plan on getting married."

Now six months later, we continue with such an arrangement.

"You should get going or you'll be late for work."

"I'm the CEO. An hour late can pass."

"True ... well then CEO, I'll go on ahead. I'll be in Paris for a week so you won't see me around for a while. Ciao" She says, waving as she leaves.

I start to rise from my bed to get a shower but hear my phone buzz. I check my phone and see that it's Aunt Trish calling.

"Good morning Aunt Trish."

"Good morning sir, I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"Not at all ... and please stop calling me 'sir' Aunt Trish, you're not my secretary anymore. Just call me by my name."

Aunt Trish retired two years prior. At the age of 58, she decided to retire early so that she can spend more time with her grandchildren. Even when she retired, we keep in contact with each other from time to time.

"Oh yes my dear ... I'm sorry I always forget. Old habits die hard. Anyway ... I just called to remind you to keep your schedule free for this Saturday."

"Of course Aunt Trish, I wouldn't miss a lovely lady's birthday."

"Awww what a flatterer you are Leo. And be a dear won't you, bring your girlfriend along I want to get to know her."

I sigh internally. The past few months I've been avoiding any unnecessary interactions between Lauren and my family. I don't want them to dive in too deep into our relationship. We do not plan on taking our relationship on a higher level.

"I'm sorry Aunt Trish, Lauren won't be able to join us. She's in Paris."

"That's too bad. I would've been lovely to have her. Well then dear don't forget to bring along Mr and Mrs. McGregor."

"No problem Aunt Trish. See you this Saturday."