Everywhere Manik

New cover..

Here it goes

Here it goes...

Someone scared me from behind like as in the morning and I ended up holding Manik's arm. I could hear Cabir and the others giggle whereas Manik was staring at me. I just realized I was holding his arms. I composed myself. "Nandini got scared once again." Cabir sniggered.
"Do you want my punch Cabir." I said trying to fake anger.
"Please don't punch me." he said dramatically and seeing him everyone giggled except for me. I swear this boy is not less then a drama queen. I slightly punched his shoulders.

An hour later
Finally I reached home.
"Bhai from next time I am not sitting in your bike." I said as I opened the door of the house.
"But why...didn't you enjoy?" he asked taking off his helmet.
"You drive so fast bhai." I complained.
"Thanks for the compliment." he smirked making me feel irritated.
"It was a complain." I said giving him a look but he totally ignored me and walked towards his room leaving me irritated.
He was still the same brother. I just hate this behaviour of his. Anyway I too walked towards my room and got fresh.

Chachi was out for a week so I had to prepare dinner. After two years I was entering the kitchen. I remembered how my mother use to pamper me for experimenting some new dishes and I always resulted in making the kitchen a mess not less than a junkyard. I literally had tears when I remembered this. I miss those moments but now everything has changed. I just have no one except my brother. I am living but I am burning from inside. My thoughts were broken when bhai came to the kitchen making faces. I immediately wiped my tears before he could notice it. I could figure out bhai was hungry.

I immediately made palak rice with chilli potatoes which took me around 30 minutes. As I served the food he started eating voraciously.

After we were done with the dinner I started cleaning the plates whereas he sat on the dinning table fidgeting his hat. "Nandini how did you land up with Manik?" he asked putting the hat on the table.
I told him everything about how he offered me to be his valentine in cafeteria. He guffawed.
"Did Manik actually do that?" he said as he tried to control his laughter. I finished the washing and sat beside his chair looking at him. Finally his laughing session was over. "Manik is just impossible. He has dated six girls till now..."
"Six girls." I said in disbelief.
"But don't misunderstand him to be a play boy. Unfortunately all these six girls failed to understand him and he broke up with them."
Why was bhai telling me all this. Did he think that I was Manik's upcoming girlfriend. Rubbish. I am just a bloody hell prostitute who doesn't deserves love. My thoughts were broken when bhai huffed dramatically.
"Lost in someone's thought." He teased.
"What do you mean?" I said giving him a death glare but he didn't stop he kept teasing me and for almost half an hour he talked about Manik. And I just sat there comfortably listening to his blabbering. Manik...Manik and everywhere Manik.
"Bhai could we please change the topic." I said almost after listening so much about Manik.
"But why he is your valentine right." he giggled.
"He was just flirting with me." I said in an irritated tone.
"Baby doll I don't think he was flirting with you. I feel he is interested in you." he tried being serious but he giggled seeing my irritated face.
"B-H-A-I..." I yelled in an irritated tone.
Finally he changed the topic but I was even more frustrated.
"Where were you all these years?" he asked genially but I didn't have answer to it. I didn't know how to tell him my condition. If I even managed to say it then I am scared if he will accept me as his sister or not.
"Where were you?" he repeated.
"I...umm...wa..ss.." I stammered just then he got a call.
"It's urgent." he said picking up the call. He walked towards his room talking on the phone.
His question was still haunting me. Whenever I thought about those two suffering years I felt like crying. I immediately went to my room and locked the door. By then tears were flowing down my cheeks. I wiped my tears and tried consoling myself but I failed miserably. I cried the whole night.

When I opened my eyes. My eyes felt heavy. I was leaning on the door. I must have slept while I was crying. I freshen up, composed myself and went downstairs to make breakfast. My head was hurting. It felt so heavy. Side effect of crying and moreover had to paste a fake smile on my face.

As I came down I was surprised to see Mukti there.
"Good morning Nandini." She said as she took a sip of coffee. "Hey your eyes are swollen...were you crying." she asked being a bit worried. "Actually... umm...yah it's an allergy."
"Allergy..anyway I have made breakfast for you two. Come have a sit." she said whereas bhai was taking a sip of his coffee.
We had breakfast in silence. I noticed Bhai and Mukti stealing glances of each other.
"Nandini I have called Manik. He will come to pick you up."he said. I understood that he wanted to spend time with Mukti and I didn't resist. But why did he call Manik. Manik...Manik and Everywhere Manik. I could have gone myself. But right now he was not the problem but my swollen eyes and hurting head was.

To be continued...

What will happen next?
To know stay tuned.

Guys thank you so much for supporting me. Keep supporting and motivating me with your votes. Thank you to all those who gave their precious time in reading this. Do vote and comment.