Unknown feelings+Author's note

The sky was full of stars...shining stars.
"Nandini they are the symbol of hope that darkness is not forever." A smile appeared on my face as I recalled his words. I was sitting on the terrace all lost in my own world. The stars which I hated to the core now had somehow made a way to my favourite list. I closed my eyes feeling the cool breeze but as I closed my eyes Manik's face flashed out in front of me. I hurriedly opened my eyes.
Oh gosh what's happening to me. Why is my mind continuously reminding me of him. He is a gem...a pure gem.

Although I know in all these weeks he has been there by my side whenever I needed him but sometimes I do feel that he is hiding something from me...actually all of us. Talking about today he was silent all the while when we drove to the college. I guess something is really troubling him but also he always manages to make me smile.
ALWAYS!!!
Right then I felt someone sit next to me.
"Bhai...you haven't slept yet." I moved aside to give him sufficient space to sit."My little sister is not asleep then how can I?" he replied looking at the stars."I'm sorry Nandini. I was a fool. Instead of being strong I made you even more tensed. Sorry." he apologised ever so softly.
"Bhai don't say sorry." I said as I side hugged him.
He smiled. "But I must say you and Manik are perfect together."
I gave him a confused look. He smiled widely making me even more confused. Then he reached for his phone in his pocket. He showed me the music video of the orphanage. A wide smile appeared on my face. Bhai kept his phone aside and spoke out,"You know what sometimes I really feel you two are made for each other." I looked down as my cheeks turned red but not for long when the actual reality hit me. "But bhai I was a prostitute." I snapped.
But he replied very calmly,"NandinI it was not your fault. I agree you have suffered physically but never forget your heart is still the same. Totally pure."he paused for a while,"You know I was accusing myself throughout the day but then Mukti made me realize how wrong I was."
"Nandini all that you need is love."
"With every passing moments you will heal a little more. You may never forget your past but love can make your life so beautiful that you won't even have time to look back."
"Bhai why do I feel this is Manik's line." I asked as I had a strong feeling about this.
He smiled."Yes it is his line...our positive kings line." Indirectly Manik once again bought a smile on my face.
"Nandini love has already made it's way in your heart just the realization is left."
"What do you mean bhai?" I looked up at him to find my answers.
"You will know it very soon but for now let's go to sleep and tomorrow we have to practise as well." I nodded my head like an obedient girl and before going to my room I took one last view of the shining star.

I woke up with the sound of my phone ringing.
"Hey get up." Bhai almost shouted on phone.
"What the hell bhai? Don't disturb. I want to sleep more." I said as I dug my head in the pillow.
"Manik is here." this was enough to break my morning sleep.
Without a word I cut the call and walked towards the washroom and freshened up.

I came downstairs after getting ready. But I failed to find Manik there.
"Bhai where's Manik?" I asked impatiently.
"Why would he be here so early?"
"Bhai you lied." Throwing a cushion towards him.
"But why are you getting so impatient to see Manik?" bhai questioned as he kept the cushion in it's original place.
"Umm..." I was speechless. Literally why was I being so impatient. This never did happen to me. Manik really effects me.
But why?
Right then bhai caught my attention. "Phela nasa phela khumar
Naya pyaar hae naya intazaar."
He was singing this lines too dramatically.
"Bhai stop it...it's nothing like that."
"But I didn't say a word to you. This means..." before he could jump into any conclusion I went towards the garden.
"Love is in the air." he shouted.
Am I really in love?
No it just can't be love. It's just a mere attraction. It's just not love. I tried the utmost possible way to make myself understand this. Right then I bumped into something rather someone. As a reflex he caught my arm. A current passed through me. It was Manik.
"Watch it." he said ever so calmly. He withdrew his hands back as  I took a step backward to maintain distance.

Right then something caught my attention. His face looked dull today. "Hey are you alright?" I asked.
"Yes I am."
"But I don't think so." I said as I touched his forehead and cheeks with my hand. Gosh he was burning.
"Manik are you serious. You have high fever. You should be resting." I just caught him by his arms and led him inside.
"Today you are resting. For a day if you will miss college nothing will happen. Even I will be staying with you but you have to take complete rest." I was continuously blabbering rather say scolding him

To be continued...

Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for all the love and support. Don't forget to vote and comment.

And I am planning to end this soon after 10-13 chapters most probably but before ending I will come up with a new story...much much more better than this that's my promise. As it is my first attempt it somehow turned up to be a mess but my second attempt won't be a mess promising this. And moreover it will be much more magical and full of Manan scenes with little twist and turns. So guys do drop your reviews regarding this. A request.
Thanking you all

Lots of love
Aaku