Stay by my side

"Bhai I'm not coming to college today." I said to which bhai just nodded.

"But you have to practice." Manik wailed softly.

"Nothing is more important than you." I frowned as I adjusted the pillow. I opened his shoes as bhai left. But he protested and got up to open his shoes.

"Lay down." I rather ordered making him shock.

I put the blanket over him. I checked his temperature.
'102°F Oh gosh I will kill this guy for sure. Can't he take care of himself.'
I reached for the medicine which was kept in bhai's drawer. It was specifically for fever. Like an obedient little boy he took the medicine and laid down on the bed. He soon fell asleep probably due to the effect of medicine. As I left for the kitchen I took one last glance of him but as I saw his condition I felt a lump arise on my throat. I couldn't see him like this. I just couldn't. I have always seen him so cheerful so calm but today he was lying on the bed all dull and pale. Forcefully taking my eyes off him I went to the kitchen for making soup.

*

When I entered the room. I saw him sleeping ever so peacefully. Yet his face had lost it's spark, I couldn't stop admiring him. I slowly kept the bowl of soup beside the bed on the table. I went near to him and planted a gentle kiss on his forehead.
"Get well soon." I whispered. Before I left the room I took one last view of Manik.
"I can't see you like this."

But as I took a step front I felt a hand grab mine. Automatically my eyes closed.

"Manik leave me."I said ever so softly but he pulled me towards him as a result I ended up lying on his chest.

Even though he was sick but he still had the strength to pull me down but as I looked up towards him. I couldn't find his same sparkling face.. it was dull and pale. Only I know how I controlled my tears to escape from my eyes. I tried wriggling out of his grip but his grip was too tight.
"You weren't asleep, were you?" I somehow managed to say this.

He just nodded in 'no'...

"Go to sleep." I said, still in his arms. He was just staring at me whereas I was trying hard not to look in his eyes. Those eyes were hypnotic and I knew very well if I did look into his eyes I could lose my control over myself.

"Stay by my side." he managed to say this words.

"I am always by your side Manik...always." This time I looked into his eyes. Those eyes which had the power to drown me into another world. Those eyes which could fill the life in a lifeless me. Those eyes which were filled with warmth.

Finally he loosened his grip and gave me a faint smile. Although I desired to be with him in his arms but I unwillingly got up and sat beside the bed. I made him drink the soup. I was about to leave when he stopped me.

"Please don't go." I turned around to look at him and when I did I could see that his eyes were trying to tell me something but all I knew that I loved the warmth that I saw for me in his eyes.

A smile made a way to my lips. I sat down beside him and ruffled his hair gently as he closed his eyes. I cupped his face and planted a gentle kiss on his forehead. By now he was asleep. I slowly tried getting down from bed but then I realized that he had held my hand. I slowly took out my hand from his and left.

*
An hour later

I touched his forehead which was still fiery with fever. Again I checked his temperature.
"Gosh 101°F."

"Couldn't you just take care of yourself." I frowned, placing a cool, damp washcloth in his forehead while he rested.

"I didn't know I was sick though I felt restless yesterday."

"What do you mean you didn't know? If you were feeling restless than you should have rested." I raised my voice slightly as I said this.

He probably was about to protest so I placed my finger on his lips. "Shhh.....no explanation and sleep." I said. But he was busy staring me. Then I realized what I had done. I withdrew my fingers back and told him to sleep as I left the room.

I just peeped inside the room instead of sleeping he was staring at the ceiling. "Stop staring and sleep." I shouted from the door. He immediately closed his eyes. Aww he is so cute. I wish he would get all the happiness.

Right then I heard the doorbell ring. I went to open the door and there stood his family Fab5.

"Hey is he OK." Dhruv asked as I let everyone in.

"He has high fever." I said as I laid them to the room. "You guys didn't go to college." I asked.

"He is our heart how can we let him be alone when he needs us." Alia said.

I smiled as I saw how much Manik matters to them.

As they saw Manik Cabir punched Manik although slightly. "Saale couldn't you take care of yourself."

They settled beside him. "I so wanted your attention so I didn't take care of myself." He sneered.

"Manik..." they gave him a 'is it so' look and they engaged in a group hug.

To be continued...

My preboards are just a week later so sorry guys the update will be slow till 29th March.
Sorry for the short update as well.

Thanks for all the support.
Keep supporting.
Don't forget to click on the star button 😉
And do drop your reviews.