Cheering up

"Mukti.." I was in the phase of telling her the truth. One day it was going to be out any way. I had opened my mouth but bhai interrupted me. "Let's go it's getting late." Bhai almost shouted.

They both left and as always Manik came to pick me up. To my surprise today Manik didn't even utter a word.
"Manik aren't you going to say anything to me." I was willing to say to him but I didn't. I looked outside the window trying to distract myself but I couldn't help it. My mind was continuously reminding me of bhai's condition.

After a prolong silence we finally reached S.P.A.C.E. Aryaman and bhai were rehearsing when I entered. Mukti was reclining her head in a chair.
"Nandini let's start the rehearsal." I could figure out Aryaman was very much excited.
I kept my bag aside.
Bhai started playing the guitar whereas Aryaman handled the piano.
But at the first attempt I missed the beats.
So we tried again.
" Pal Bhar Thahar Jaao
Dil Ye Sambhal Jaaye
Kaise Tumhe roka Karun..." But I couldn't sing further. My voice suddenly started to tremble.
"You OK." Manik finally spoke out as he passed me a bottle of water. I nodded taking the bottle. Even after several attempts I failed. "Nandini let's take a break." Bhai said with a faint smile. I nodded.
I excused myself and went to the stairs behind music wing.
" Pal Bhar Thahar Jaao
Dil Ye Sambhal Jaaye
Kaise Tumhe Roka karun.." it was just not happening. "Ahhhh...." I shouted being irritated and the very next moment tears formed in my eyes. "I lost my music." this was the only word that came out as tears flowed down my eyes. Suddenly I felt someone sit beside me. It was Manik. He slowly wiped my tears.
"No tears...Nandini you haven't lost your music it's just that you are distracted."
"But Manik I was not able to sing."
"You will be able to. I trust you." He looked into my eyes as he said this.
"But..." I tried contradicting but he kept his fingers on my lips and continued,"I know you can do it."
"Really?" I questioned. I still wasn't sure about it.
"Come with me." he said as he stood up
"But where?" I asked.
"Don't you trust me?"
"I do Manik." This word was enough for him. He caught my hand and took me to the parking space.

In these few weeks Manik had managed to win my trust. The only person whom I trust after my bhai and chachi. He applied the brakes bringing me back to my senses. He had stopped in an orphanage.
I gave him a confused look. "I will show you something." Manik said as he got out of the car and I too got out. He caught my hand and took me inside. I saw kids playing. They were running around. Seeing them made me feel relaxed. One of the kid who was running around fell down. I rushed to him and helped him get up.
"Are you OK?" I asked.
He gave me a warm smile and pecked my cheeks. "Thank you di." he said. I smiled and I too pecked his cheek.
He went to play again whereas I could clearly figure out that Manik was lost in his own world.
I snapped my fingers in front of him bringing him back to sense.

I didn't even realize how an hour had passed by in the orphanage. I was looking at the kids play and smile. I felt relaxed seeing them. "Nandini wanna sing for these kids." Manik said looking at the kids.
"But Manik..." before I could complete he interrupted,"I will sing with you."
I just looked at the kids playing and nodded my head in yes. He smiled and stood up from the bench.
"I'll comeback in a minute." saying this he left. Right after ten minutes he came back with a lady probably the in charge.
"So you are Miss Nandini." she said with a warm smile. I nodded.
"I am Riya, the in charge of these place." she introduced herself and then blew a whistle facing the kids. Right after hearing the sound of the whistle all the kids came running towards her.
"They want to sing for you." she said as she made them sit. Everyone smiled and clapped. I looked at Manik who was busy tuning his guitar. After a moment he was done and signalled me to start. I took a deep breath. My heart started racing but then I saw the kids who were smiling. I glanced at Manik who gave me a warm smile. I nodded my head signalling him to start. He began playing the guitar.
"Pal Bhar Thahar Jaao
Dil Ye Sambhal Jaaye
Kaise Tumhe Roka Karun
Meri Taraf Aata Har
Gham Phisal Jaaye
Aankhon Mein Tum Ko Bharun
Bin Bole Baatein Tumse Karun
Agar Tum Saath Ho
Agar Tum Saath Ho

I glanced at Manik he was closing his eyes and playing the guitar. I smiled looking at him.

Behti Rehti
Nahar Nadiya Si
Teri Duniya Mein
Meri Duniya Hai
Teri Chaahaton Mein
Main Dhal Jaati Hoon
Teri Aadaton Mein
Agar Tum Saath Ho
I closed my eyes as he sang his part. His voice was so mesmerizing.
"Teri Nazron Mein
Hai Tere Sapne
Tere Sapno Mein
Hai Naraazi
Mujhe Lagta Hai
Ke Baatein Dil Ki
Hoti Lafzon Ki Dhokebaazi
Tum Saath Ho Ya Na
Ho Kya Fark Hai
Bedard Thi Zindagi Bedard Hai
Agar Tum Saath Ho
Agar Tum Saath Ho"
I opened my eyes and found Manik singing these lines looking at me. He had a glow in his face.

"Palkein Jhapakte
Hi Din Ye Nikal Jaaye
Baithi Baithi Bhaagi Phirun
Meri Taraf Aata Har
Gham Phisal Jaaye
Aankhon Mein Tum Ko Bharun
Bin Bole Baatein Tumse Karun
‘Gar Tum Saath Ho
Agar Tum Saath Ho

"Teri Nazron Mein
Hai Tere Sapne
Tere Sapno Mein
Hai Naraazi
Mujhe Lagta Hai
Ke Baatein Dil Ki
Hoti Lafzon Ki Dhokebaazi
Tum Saath Ho Ya Na
Ho Kya Fark Hai
Bedard Thi Zindagi Bedard Hai
Agar Tum Saath Ho"

"Dil Ye Sambhal Jaaye"

"Agar Tum Saath Ho" He moved towards me singing this lines.

"Har Gham Phisal Jaaye"

"Agar Tum Saath Ho" He was now towering over me but he maintained distance.

"Din Ye Nikal Jaaye" I looked into his eyes.

"Agar Tum Saath Ho" He held my hand as he sang this lines.

"Har Gham Phisal Jaaye." I looked at him and smiled.
As we finished the song the environment filled with applause. I then realized I was singing in front of the kids. I even didn't realize this when I sang. I just felt Manik's presence. Oh gosh what has happened to me?

To be continued...

Hope you guys liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment.