Chapter One

"QUINN GET BACK HERE!!!" My foster mother Carol yelled. Today she came home in a pissy attitude and she told me to go fuck myself. I told her that's physically impossible. She called that "smarting off to her" and she slapped me and now she is chasing me around the house with a belt with metal spikes. I was running around the house trying to get away from her. I finally hid in my room and got under my bed. But before I could get under there she grabbed me by the ankles and dragged me out and started hitting me. I curled up in a ball and tried to hide my face from it. I got hit on the cheek with a blade causing me to scream.

"Shouldn't have smarted off to me!!" Carol yelled at me.

"I'M SORRY!!!" I yelled back crying.

"No! I'm tired of sorry's! You don't mean them!!" She yelled and continued to hit me. 

"PLEASE STOP!!!" I yelled

Sydney came in and tried to stop her.

"STOP!!!" Sydney yelled.

"Shut up bitch!" Carol yelled at her. She swung the belt around and hit Sydney in the face and she fell to the ground. I got up and pushed Carol over on the ground making her drop the belt. I started hitting her with my hands.

"DON'T. HIT. HER.!!" I yelled at her. Carol grabbed my throat and tried to choke me. She got my on the ground. She stopped hitting me and stood up.

"You don't put your hands on me! I assume your done smarting off?" She said

I nodded.

"Good." She said and she walked to her room. I got up and went to Sydney who was laying on the ground crying. I went up to her and sat her up and hugged her.

"It's okay. It;s not that bad." I said to her trying to calm her down.

"It hurts!" She said.

"Come here." I said and I helped her up and led her to the bathroom. I washed off the blood from her face and I took medicine and put it on the scratch. 

"It's not deep so don't worry." I said.

"Okay. But look at you. They're everywhere." She said as she lifted my arm.

"Ow!" I said in pain.

"Sorry!" She said.

"It's okay." I said and I put a bandaid on her face.

"Thanks for helping me Quinn." She said.

"No problem. Anything to keep you safe." I said as I kissed her forehead trying to comfort her. I mean this girl is like my sister. I'm not gonna let anyone touch her. Ever.

"What are you gonna do about your cuts?" She asked

"I guess I'll put medicine on them." I said as I started to wash them out. 

"Can I sleep in your room tonight? You know so that incase she does come back, I'll be safe? You always protect me." She asked

"Sure sweetie." I said.

She walked in my room and after I was done I went in my room and layed down on my bed. I really think of Sydney as my little sister. She got here when I was 13. I made friends with her and when I was grounded (when Carol locks us in our rooms for a few days without much food.) She would sneak me food under the door and help me out with anything I needed. She's always been there for me. She's the only one I really care about here. I went and layed down and she layed beside me. I got on her phone and we watched vines and laughed. She loves the Magcon boys! Even though technically they're not Magcon anymore. She talks about Nash and Hayes and Cameron all the time. We sat and laughed at the vines. To be honest, I thought one of them was cute. Well they're all cute, but this one just seemed to catch my attention a little more. Aaron Carpenter. He is just funny and cute and he just seems so sweet. But we just laughed and finally we fell asleep.