Chapter Thirty-Eight

I looked the body over. Damn. Who did this? Suddenly my tears were gone. The lady spoke again.

"So do you recognize her?" She asked. I nodded

"Carol Lancaster." I said. She nodded and zipped the bag up and put her in the coroner truck. 

"Thank you miss. But there is someone who wanted to see you. This way please." She said and I followed so did Aaron, Carter, and the rest. She took us to a ambulance with a little girl sitting on the back with a towel around her and bruises and bandages on her. She looked up. Sydney. She was 14 now. Wow I couldn't even recognize her.

"Sydney?" I asked holding back tears.

"Quinn?" She asked and I nodded and ran up to her and hugged her crying.

"I missed you!" She said

"I missed you too!" I said. I pulled away. "What happened?" 

"She beat me.. I found a knife and I just stabbed her.. It's self defense right? She said she was gonna kill me.." She said. I nodded

"But since you're old enough aren't they gonna take you to jail? I swear if they do I will bail you out.." I said she shook her head

"I said a robber broke in and killed her." She said and I smiled

"Good girl." I said. I mean I wasn't proud of her killing and lying but she did what she had to do.

"She needs somewhere to stay? Do you know anywhere? If not she'll just be sent off to another foster home." The officer said.

"Umm.. I'll  be right back." I said and ran over to the boys

"Hey what's up?" Aaron said hugging me.

"Look can one of you do me a favor? Huge one!" I asked

"Yeah what?" Carter said

"Sydney needs somewhere to go, wouldn't it be cool if one of you would adopt her? Please, I'm still underage I can't. But Carter, Jack and Jack, Taylor, Can! Because you're all 18. Please!" I said and they all thought.

"Well.. I always thought it would be cool to have a little sister..I guess I will. But since you're close you have to help!" Carter said. I was so happy. Oddly enough Carter was her inspiration. Hayes was her favorite. 

"OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!!" I said and hugged him. "Come one come meet her!!" I said dragging him to the officer. The boys following.

"Have any thought who could take her?" The officer asked

"Yes. Carter." I said and he smiled

"Yes I would like to adopt Sydney." He said. She smiled and led us over to Sydney. 

"Sydney there is some boys I'd like you to meet." I said and pulled the boys over. She gasped

"Oh my god!! Carter and Nash and Cam!! And others! Magcon boys!" She said

"Yep Carter do you have something to tell her?" I asked and he smiled.

"Yes. Sydney. I will be adopting you. You will be living with me and Quinn and the rest of the boys!" He said and her eyes lit up and she ran and hugged him. With that we left and went home.