Aunt Nat

-RAVEN-

I awoke with a start as someone pounded on the bedroom door, I jumped out of bed and opened the door to reveal a very beautiful woman possibly in her early forties with vivid red hair, she smiled at me and I just stood there as she moved around me and let herself into the room and began pulling back the heavy curtains.

"Much better." She said with a contented sigh. The room now filled with sunlight.

I shifted my weight uncomfortably as I still stood there holding the door open in nothing but an over sized shirt, my hair a mess and my eyes puffy from sleep.

She stood there smiling at me like a beautiful stepford wife or something.

I gave a forced smile "Who are you?"

"Oh my apologies my name is Natalie Highfield...but you can call me Aunt Nat."

This was Royce's Aunt. I felt just the smallest bit more comfortable now, but I still wasn't wearing any pajama bottoms or anything, luckily the shirt came down to my mid thigh.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am."

"Oh no, please, none of that ma'am business and please no Mrs Highfield either...even though I adore the name as well as my husband...it's Aunt Nat, it's what Royce calls me, what Lexi calls me, and you are Royce's sister so it's what you can call me." She smiled warmly.

"I'm only Royce's half sister."

She shrugged, "And I wasn't his real aunt when he started call me that...But here we are...you look like your father."

She was so energetic and seemed to hold nothing back...and all too soon I was back to feeling uncomfortable.

"Don't worry sweetie, he was as good looking as they came, so naturally he'd have beautiful children...but you, you have his eyes."

"Thanks."

"I'll leave you to get ready, we're going shopping, Alexia is downstairs having the kitchen staff make some brunch for us, and then we can take off."

I nodded as I didn't really know what to say.

I stood there in awe as the buxom redhead trailed out of the room with her orders still lingering in the air like a military general. But once alone I hit up the restroom. I resigned to just washing my face, pulling my hair into a ponytail and brushing my teeth, I grabbed some jeans, a t-shirt, and some Converse before heading downstairs.

I found Alexia and we hugged almost immediately.

"Is it bad of me to say I'm so glad you're here?"

I shook my head, "Dude no, and I missed you."

"You're telling me, and since you're here we can get your dressed picked out for the wedding...oh my gosh, I have to fill you in on everything we've got planned so far."

"So far?" I wondered out loud thinking she should have everything planned and ready to go by now. "How much do you still have to go?" I asked a little worried. "It's only two months away."

"Please don't remind me."

We sat down with Aunt Nat and ate and talked before we went out to shop.

Thankfully Alexia and I have very similar styles so we didn't even end up going to very many stores.

Thanks to my dad's credit card I didn't hold back and ended up geting a wide selction of various outfits.

"Oh you have to have a couple of cocktail dresses and evening gowns." Aunt Nat said as she pulled us into a more upscale boutique.