Girl Time

-RAVEN-

The next day my brother had to go out of town for business and as the week went by it felt odd not having him there.

"Have you heard from Royce?" I asked Alexia on Saturday morning, I had stayed the night at hers and Royce's place because she didn't want to be alone. I had helped myself to some cereal. "What did he even leave for?"

"He left Thursday morning because his new Beta finally arrived and even though they accepted the candidate as the new beta, he has to sign off on documents stating that he will uphold the title and all that fancy stuff." She said as she gestured her hands in a frantic motion to indicate that it was all to much.

I pulled my brows together, "4 days to sign a paper or two...seems excessive."

"That's what's worrying me...and I have talked to him and all he said was they're working on coming home soon...which of course doesn't help ease my worry...on top of that I'm still finishing stuff for the wedding and now I have to work on a presenting ceremony."

"But he didn't mention what was holding them up?" I wondered.

She shook her head sadly, "Royce is new to this, and to him he shares with me what he thinks I need to know and tries to shield me from the things he thinks will stress me out...which in turn...stresses me out." She sighed. "He didn't mention anything last night and I'm too loyal to him to ask...I know if he wants to talk about it he'll bring it up."

I was completely baffled. "Fuck that...Alexia you aren't just some girl hanging around for her boyfriend you're the mother fucking LUNA you run this shit girl...you have every right to know what's going on, especially when it pertains to your pack...and I get that Royce is new so he gets a pass this time but the next time you talk to him let him know that you need to stay informed just as much as he does."

That was the one thing I could say about my mother...she might be a bitch but when it came to her power, she constantly exercised her rights as Luna.

"You're right." She sighed, "I need to be more assertive."

"You and my brother are equals...just remind him of that."

She nodded and as we finished up our cereal we headed out to find my perfect maid of honor dress.

When we got to the place Alexia had no problem telling the ladies there exactly what she wanted in my dress for her wedding and they found as many dresses as they could that fit her descriptions and I tried them all on, it didn't help that she would also walk around the store while I was in the dressing room and she would find other dresses.

"Lex...come on girl, none of these work?" I sighed?

"I don't know, you have to look perfect and none of these are." She sighed.

"Lex I sincerely am doing this because I love you but it's yours and Royce's special day, I don't have to look perfect because I promise you no one will be paying attention to me on that day." I smiled.

"Well I did like that third or fourth one you tried."

I could've strangled her as this trip was quickly turning from fun maid of honor dress to the hundredth maid of horror dress. But I smiled and went back into the dressing room, and tried on both of the ones she mentioned. She finally decided on the latter and I was really happy she did as it was also my favorite out of all of them.

"That's the one." She smiled beautifully.

It was a long floor length maroon chiffon dress with lace bodice and long lace sleeves...it had an open back that gave it almost an elegant western feel to it.