Road Trip

-RYLAND-

"Honestly this would be perfect, I don't mind cleaning it up myself either if you're sure you don't mind me using."

Mr Highfield chuckled deeply, "Look at the state of this place boyyo...Ryland lad...just take the damn warehouse and think nothing of it."

"At least let me pay you fees on the building, like a monthly rent or something?" I offer

He thought about it, "Well I'm fortunate to not need the money... how about free work on any vehicle I bring in?'

I nodded, "Absouletly and thank you for this sir."

"I am an investor, and I want to see this business thrive...Don't ever be ashamed to ask for what you need lad, worse I can say is No but I'll always offer an alternative solution in it's place if that's the case."

We talked for a moment longer before we finally parted ways, I watched him leave but pulled out my phone to Call Royce.

"Hey man glad you called." He sighed.

"Everything cool man?"

"Our wedding guests are starting to show up...Raven's gonna have to stay with you until after the wedding." He said.

"You know I love having my mate with me as much as possible but I gotta ask what's up...Pack house is huge and theres more than enough rooms to accommodate everyone."

Once again he sighed, "One of the first wedding guests to arrive an hour ago was Piper."

My wolf grew agitated at the thought of Piper into same vicinity as my Mate.

I needed to calm down otherwise Raven would feel my emotions and start worrying.

"I don't want Raven to see her, and I don't want her starting any shit...I'm going to tell her you're out of town on patrols or something but the only day you'll have to face her will be the wedding...which is what we were expecting anyways so we've already got damage control setup for that with Nat."

I let out a deep breath, "While I'm not fucking thrilled that she's here, I am pretty excited to get to have Raven wth me...so I guess theres that...well thanks for the heads up, your sister was worried about you."

"Just tell her I'm stressed about the wedding or something." He said.

"Are you?" I asked.

"Hell no, I get to finally marry my mate, i'm relieved if anything." He laughed before hanging up and I took off to find my mate.

I stopped and picked up some food too, I knew if Piper was in town I was going to try and keep Raven inside as much as possible, unless we took a roadtrip or something, which may be a possibility seeing as the Highfields own a shit load of propery all over the UK I'd simply have to ask Royce or Charles if I can borrow one of the properties for a few days.

I nodded it was decided...with the wedding next weekend I would have to hide my mate for a full week, and the safest way to do that would be to take her away from the threat of my psychotic ex.

I'd get inside, we can pack our bags and take off from there...I could take her to that one cottage Royce and I had to meet the council at, It was a nice spot with pretty views of a lush forest and a wide lake.

I let myself into the building and called Royce.

"What's wrong?" He asked in the form of answering.

"Nothing, everything's fine...honestly bro, but I was thinking, I would be more comfortable if I could take Raven away from any threat Piper might pose..." I admitted.

"Yeah...I was wondering if she'd be willing to go along with it, but I know if I suggested anything it'd make her suspicious."

"Which is why I'll handle it...I was thinking of taking her to that cabin we went to a while back."

"Yeah, Yeah...that's a perfects spot...it's secluded, no one really knows to look for it unless you know it's there and you can easily see anyone coming up to the cabin so you'd be prepared for anything."

I nodded, from a military stand point you'd want everything he just mentioned, from a mate's point of view I just wanted my Raven safe and happy.

"We can take off this evening...if you could leave the keys to the cabin at your grandparents place I'll pick them up on our way out of town."

"Sure thing, I'll have Alexia drop them off for me since I have to go and meet all of our guests and act like everything is fine." He sighed.

"Hey man, you know I'm going to do everything to keep her safe."

"I know...thanks for this bro."

We hung up after that and I made my way upstairs. "Princess." I said as I walked into the apartment, Up here she called down to me. instead of putting the food down I took it upstairs with me and I found her on the large sofa looking sexy and busy as she was flipping through the pages of a school book.

I walked over to her and kissed her, "I brought dinner."

She put her pen down and closed her book, "I'm staving."

It was just fried fish and french fries but she seemed to enjoy it.

"I talked to your brother."

She looked at me.

"He's fine babe...he's stressing about the wedding and I guess having the guest starting to show up is making things more real for him."

She nodded.

"Whatever the reason...I'm glad I get to spend all this time with you for myself."

She smiled and moved to cuddle against me.

"So I was talking to your brother and sorta took advantage of the situation a little..."

She moved and looked up at me.

"Since your brother wants you to stay with me for a while I suggested I bring you with me to one of their family properties

"And he said yes?" She asked skeptically.

"He thought it was a great idea."

She rolled her eyes and smile, "Yeah, that's exactly what Royce would say."

I smirked, "If you can pack a bag all we have to do is pick up the keys from his grandpa and we'll be away from everyone...just me and you."

"You're being serious?" she sounded a little excited now.

I nodded, "Yes, now lets get some clothes and the shit we'll need and get on the road."

"Wait..."

"What's wrong princess?" I asked worried she'd not want to go.

She looked at me with concern, "Do I have to put pants on?"

I smirked and couldn't help but give into her playful side so I took advantage of the fact that she was right there, half dressed and fully prepared to allow me to kiss her to my hearts content.