Hotheads

-RYLAND-

Breakfast the next morning was  sufficiantly awkward thanks to Royce giving me death glares and Alpha Roy lightheartedly scolding his son like I wasn't in the room.

I had no doubt that Roy had clued his son into the fact that Raven and I are marked mates.

Now more than ever I knew I needed to make sure I get my own place sooner rather than later...no doubt Royce isn't going to want his sister and I left alone for anything now that he knows we're marked.

I could tell Royce wanted to talk to me but I bitched out and excused myself from the table before he got the chance.

I knew he wouldn't do or say anything while his Dad was here, and since this wasn't offical pack business technically he doesn't have grounds to do anything to me...but as a girls brother no doubt he wants to kick my ass.

I got back to the room and Alpha Roy seemed to join me.

"Yes sir?" I asked curiously.

"Just give Royce time to adjust to everything...you two are still best friends, but she's always going to be his little sister and I think in his eyes he's still seeming her as the same little 15 year old he met 2 years ago....if you look at it from that perspective you can see how he's having such a tough time with all of this."

"Alpha Roy...how are you so cool with all of this?"

He chuckled. "I'm not...I'm still conflicted to shift and attack you if I'm being honest...but having known Raven her whole life I know she can handle her own and theres nothing worse than being on her bad side...something Royce will have to learn for himself if he decides to meddle further, but I know you two are mates and I would hope that means something to the both of you."

"It means everything to me." I admitted, "When we get back I've got a couple homes I'm interested in and I have a meeting with a financial advisor...I was thinking of opening up an auto shop around the pack house too."

He nodded, "If you think it could be profitable."

This time I nodded, "I do, while I don't really know the business side much at the moment I'm definitely willing to learn, plus I need to make sure I can provide for my mate...she shouldn't have depend on anyone else from now on."

"While I respect your eagerness to take on the responsibilities of being a male mate...lets put off you taking on sole responsibility of your mate until the day you two get married, and seeing as I haven't given my permission on that one son...take no offense that I will continue to provide for my daughter."

I had no choice but to agree, he was right after all...while technically I didn't need his permission to marry her, I couldn't imagine things would be easy if we went against her family. I just hated that with her father or her brothers money there would be stipulations no doubt.

"Don't look too upset Ryland, everything in time son...on the upside, we'll be going back to your pack house within the hour, get packing." He said before he closed the bedroom door.

I grabbed everything I bought and just threw it into my suitcase before I took my time to reach out to Raven.

'Good Morning Princess.'

I instantly felt her happiness. It was always such an amazing experience.

'Morning Freckles...you guys on your way?'

I chuckled at the nickname. 'Almost, just wanted to remind you that as much as I miss you and can't wait to be with you I will be arriving alongside your father and brother, so please don't take offense if I don't openly acknowledge my feelings upon seeing you...just know that it's more than likely going to take a lot of willpower on my end Princess.'

'This shit sucks.'

My chest tightened as I suddenly felt her sadness.

'I know Babe...but I promise once we're alone you won't be able to keep me from kissing every single inch of your lovely face, saving your beautiful lips last.'

At this I knew her wolf had awoken as my own had also awoken at the implication of being with each other.

'You're horrible for getting me going.'

I smirked. 'I love knowing I can do that Princess.'

There was a knock on the door and I opened my eyes "what's up?"

Royce opened the door and stood in the doorway.

"Can we talk?"

I shrugged, "don't see why not."

He remained in the door way and I stood there looking at him waiting for him to say something.

"You know you coulda told me you two were marked."

"Could I?" I asked seriously, "you haven't exactly made shit easy for Ray and I to be together man."

"Well it hasn't been fucking easy knowing you two are mates." He admitted, "your my boy, we use to talk about the dumb shit you did with random females to get back at Piper...you think I want to hear you're doing that same shit to my sister...-"

"Royce, Raven is my Mate man...I love her, and it's an intense thing too, like I've never felt this way for anyone and it's not a sexual love, it's a protective love...I just want to make her happy and make sure that she always has everything she wants and needs and yes I'm attracted to her but that's only a bonus because your sister means the world to me simply because she's her, she's my Mate." I filled him in honestly. "I'd never fucking cheat on her, and I damn sure wouldn't talk to you about anything Raven and I do in the future."

"My dad said she made you mark her?"

"She propositioned me...and I take full responsibility of it."

"How come I didn't see your marks that night at Aunt Nat's place?"

I smirked, "because you're sister is hella smart and knew you'd look in the traditional spot...as we aren't Alpha and Luna we don't have to mark that spot though...she had me mark her shoulder." I said as I unbuttoned my top and showed him my mark, "we wanted to keep it private not a secret, we aren't ashamed of our actions but we also aren't trying to put it in your face either."

He didn't say anything so I continued as I buttoned my top back up.

"You're my best friend bro, but Ray's my mate and walking that fine line and having to choose between my friend and Alpha or my Mate is confusing the hell out of my wolf...and even having her mark won't help me if you get pissed one day and order me to stay away from her, or never touch her...more so I know it's hurting your sister too."

"How?" He asked.

"She loves and respects you Man, she came to your pack because she trusts you more than anyone else and even though her wolf wants to be with me she doesn't want to disappoint you out of fear that she'll lose your favor or that you'll send her back to your dad."

He sighed, "I'm sorry...I love her and never did any of this to upset her." He said. "Look I'll back up, I don't want you both moving too fast or anything but I know you can't really control any of that, j-just promise that you won't ever hurt her and I'll promise I won't tell you two how to run your relationship or keep you two from moving forward."

"Of course I promise Royce."

After that he took off to get his bag and we left shortly after.