Tired

RAVEN
[[ UNEDITED ]]

The entire drive home I couldn't help but wonder how I would react to seeing this Piper girl. I mean Of course I hated her purely out of default of her being my Mate's ex, and simply knowing she had him before I ever did, grated every nerve.

But the more realistic side of me realizes and acknowledes that Ryland and I had lives before one another and that isn't anyones fault, her included.

I sighed, Ultimately I knew I wouldn't do anything to upset my brother or ruin Lexi's and Royc'es big day.

Plus if I knew my mate sa well I think I know him, He would make it so neither of us could actually get into a physical altercation.

"Please don't worry so much about her..." He sighed with a sadness lingering in it.

"I can't help it...I just want this weekend to be over with already...I'll see her at the wedding, and I hope I don't cause a scene."

"Actually I've been thinking about that." He admitted as he drove on. "I was thikning it might be best if I reached out to her when we get back...meet before the wedding to get everything out in the open so there isn't a big thing happening on your brothers wedding day."

I had to admit that I was impressed, "Well look at you acting like a smart Beta."

He smiled, "Figured it'd start rubbing off on me sooner or later."

I grabbed his hand and nodded my agreement.

"Alright then, I'll call her when we get back into town, and I'm also bringing in one of my War Dogs to help me mediate the situation in case shit gets too tense...obviously my first instinct would be to protexct you at all cost, but as Beta of this pack I can't allow another man's pack member to be injured on our lands...more so when her Alpha is your father." He sighed, "I want to stay onhis good side if you know what I mean."

I felt ad for my mate...this was the fine line he had to walk constantly, being both a good mate and a good beta...even though the two may conflict at times.

_____

"You gonna call your brother and tell him we're back?" Ryland asked as we walked into our apartment.

I shook my head and plopped down onto the sofa downstairs, "I'll tell him after we've alked to Piper...I'm gonna have a little nap, I feel exhausted."

He pulled his brows together as he looked at me with wonder, "You okay Princess, you slept on the ride home too."

I shrugged, "I feel fine...just sleepy."

He nodded, "Ill call Piper and set up a time for tonight, go ahead and get some rest and then we'll go for dinner or something."

I Yawned and nodded, "Can you start the wash...I'd hate to have a ton of dirty laundry piling up from our trip away."

He smiled and nodded before he kissed me, grabbed the bags and made his way to the stairs to start the laundry.

I got up and made my way upstairs to our bedroom and didn't even bother getting out of my sneakers or jeans as I just passed out fully clothed and ontop of the blanket.

_____

RYLAND

I had get the laundry going and heard when my mate made her way up to the bedroom.

I took her previous set on the leather sofa in the sitting room I pulled out my cellphone and pulled up Pipers number...It had been a ehile sinc eI had to call this numbr, the last time was to offically call things off with her, which of course didn't go over so well.

I pressed her number and the call went through, it rung a few times before she finally answered.

"Well look who's calling me..."

"Piper." I sounded.

"Ryland...I heard you were hidding from me."

My wolf was pacing with anxiety, "I had business to attend to, But I did hear that you had arrived earlier than necessary for the wedding."

"Aren't I allowed to want to come early to help my friends set up for the biggest day of their lives?"

I shook my head, "We both know that's a lie...Let's not pretend that you use to think that Lexi was a boring prude, I think you even called her a stuck up know-it-all..."

"What do you want Ry?" She sighed.

I picked up that I was bothering her, "Look I don't want to have any bad feelings between us so I want to meet up with you, talk some shit out...also, My mate wants to meet you."

The line was silent.

"Piper?"

"Yeah I'm here...Uh, yeah...I'll meet with the both of you, I'd actually really like to talk to her as well." She said.

"Very good, One of the pack guard will also be in attendence to keep things fair and nonviolent." I said, She agreed, we saet up the time and I assured  her one of my War Dogs would be picking her up.

After we hung up I reached out to one of my guys and filled him in, he understood and after we hungup I finally went to join my mate.

I found sleeping on the bed, but it looked as if she had just made it to the bed before her body gave out or something.

I worried about her, I've never known raven to want to sleep in her jeans...more so she's usually full of energy, but these past couple of days from our week away she seemed to just be drained.

I moved to help her. I removed her shoes, and carefully removed her jeans as well.

I carefully lifted her enough to get the balnket from underneath her (as the room can get very chilly) and I placed her head delicately on her pillow and covered her up.

I sighed with worry over my mate and also with the unknown of what would happen later.

I set my alram on my cellphone and laid down with my mate to rest but mostly to clear my mind for a moment.