Talk it Out

RAVEN
[[ UNEDITED ]]

I sat on the bench next to Ryland.

I was nervous and jittery.

My wolf was anxious and on alert.

Ryland had picked a park out int he open, away from everyone...I was thankful for the privacy, but the open park let the air hit my skin and an internal shiver ran through me.

"Here Princess." Ryland sounded as he placed his jacket ove rmy shoulders and then put his arm around me, he rubbed my arm and I hugged his waist.

I looked up at him and he smiled, "Sorry it's so cold out tonight."

I shook my head, "Just glad we're getting this out of the way."

He nodded and kissed me.

"Also I wanted to thank you for helping earlier...I know I passed out like a drunk girl, I would have hated to have had to sleep in my pants...they're kinda tight." I admitted.

"You should get looser fitting bottoms then." He smirked.

"Hmm, I thought you liked the way I lookedin the tighter jeans...I guess i'll just get baggy shapeless pants from now on."

I could see his eyes beginning to darken soI took my chance to kiss him, but it wasn't a lingering kiss as we heard a car approach.

Ryland tensed a bit in defense but calmed down a bit with I reached out and took his hand into mine.

As well as having one of the War Dogs in attendence, we were also sitting at a picnic style table so there would be a physical barrier between this girl and I.

She walked over and took a seat, the man takeing a step behind her but well within arms reach if he needed to pull her out of harms way.

I looked at her, She was pretty, shorter than me, she had lovely dainty features, dark blonde hair and blue eyes, She had a fuller bust which she accentuated by wearing a lower cut top. She wore finely done makeup and her purse was expensive.

She was everything that I was not...everything that my mother wold have surely loved to have had in a daughter, poised, elegant, beautiful.

Ryland rubbed his thumb on the backside of my hand and I smiled a little to myself as it brought me back to relaity...for all this girl was, she would never be his and he would never be hers...not truly. He is mine and I am his.

"Piper, Thank you so much for allowing us to meet with you." I said, "Trust me when I say that I know this can't be easy for you at all."

She nodded, "I have to admit I was a little thrown off guard when Ryland reached out to me, I know we didn't exactly end things on the best terms...something I take full responsibilty for."

Ryland nodded, "But you came regardless."

She nodded once more, "Out of curiosity and closure."

"Well allow me to formally introduce you to my lovely mate Raven Archer."

"It's nice to meet the woman who could finally tame this wild wolf."

I smiled, "Most days' I think he was the brave man who came in and tamed me." I admitted.

"You both seem good for each other then...and I know as a woman you have your worries about ex-girlfriends." SHe said and sighed, "I have to admit that I came over here with every intention of trying to get Ry back...but I couldn't do that now, not now that i've met you Raven and seen the both of you together." She confessed and then laughed lightly, "also it would seem the fates have a funny way of interferring with plans, As luck would have it, I came for a man and luckily get to leave with one..."

I was worried now and I guess she could tell.

She held her hands up as a sign of peace, "Please I only meant that I found my mate when I arrived..."

"Your Mate?" Ryland asked.

She nodded, "He is a human...but the kicker is he's from America, he was here visiting and we just so happened to cross paths in the airport."

"Well Congratulations." I offered.

"Thank you...His name is Chip and he is a photgrapher so he travels a lot for work."

"That's perfect for you...You always said you wanted to travel the world." Ryland said.

She nodded, "We're still figuring things out...like I said, he's a human so it'll take some time for him to learn it all and take everything in...but it'll be an adventure for sure."

I felt bad for her now, having a mate andnot really being able to be with him, not fully at least.

But she seemed optimistic.

We ended things there while we were all in a good place.

She wished Ryland and I well and stated that she was truly happy we had found one another, We both wished her luck withher new Mate and we all left shortly after.

I couldn't have asked for a better sit down with Ryland's Ex.

And as I sat in the car withymate and watched her drive away I couldn't help but feel a boost of  eneergy fill me up. "I know we had dinner already...but could we go find something sweet?"

"Of course Princess." Ryland smiled and lifted my hand to his mouth.

I smiled, "I love you so much Freckles."

He smiled back at me, "I love you too."

We stopped on the way home and had mini cakes, they were beautifully decorated and equally delicious.

It felt so nice to be sitting there with my mate, just enjoying each others company and taking in the night life surrounding us.

"You ready for tomorrow?" He asked as he wiped his facial hair clear of crumbs. "You offically get a new sister tomorrow."

I shrugged, "I've always liked Lexi, and even though they're only just getting married, it sorta feels like they've been married since they had to move out here and have been living together...sorta just kinda looked at her as my sister already if you know what I mean?"

He nodded, "Makes sense to me...Hey you want some muffins from here, for breakfast."

I nodded, "Sounds perfect."

He got up, kissed my forehead and went to buy some breakfast pastries for us. I sighed with a happy contentment as I looked out the large front window of the small bakery.

Ryland walked back with a paperbag in hand, "You ready to go home?" He asked gently.

I nodded, and didn't say anything...nothing needed to be said because this moment was perfect and one I knew I'd remember often.