Parental Guidance

-RYLAND-

He closed the door behind him and I knew Royce wouldn't enter knowing we were having a private conversation.

"Sir I want to apologize...-"

He held his hand up and silenced me.

Now he is no longer my Alpha, and my wolf doesn't see him as such either as he fully acknowledges Royce as our Alpha. But out of respect I held my tongue and awaited his next words.

"Take a seat Ryland." He said calmly. I did as I was told and sat down he moved to lean against the desk, arms crossed over his chest as he continued. "First let me say that I know that couldn't have been easy back there but you did what you had to for the sake of Raven's happiness...so I want to thank you for that."

I nodded, not saying anything.

"Furthermore, I know how difficult it must be on both your wolf and yourself having to be away from her right now...more so since you two are marked."

Panic and literal fear set in, I could feel the heat rising up on the back of my neck.

"I watched you earlier I'm assuming you two share a mind link?"

"Yes sir."

He smiled and nodded, "Do you know how bad I want to hurt you right now thinking about the fact that Ryland Barbarossa has not only found my daughter as his mate but also that you're marked meaning she's marked...something usually done during...-"

"We didn't do anything!" I quickly got out...he looked at me, I could see his eyes blacking out and panicked. "Yes we are marked but I swear to you Alpha Roy we haven't done anything like what you're thinking nor have we planned on doing anything like that."

I watched as he let my words sink in so I continued.

"Sir Raven is my mate and like I'm sure you know, as my mate I respect her a great deal and wouldn't want to do anything that makes her feel uneasy or pressured in any way."

"Well I respect you for that...but why rush the markings?"

"As I mentioned earlier...I have a crazy ex, Raven wasn't exactly too thrilled to find out that she was hellbent on trying to get back with me...she wanted me to prove that I was truly her mate and that I only want her and vice versa...I tried to let her know that as my mate of course she's the only one for me but your daughter is very very strong willed and wouldn't accept my refusal to mark her, and of course her being my mate my wolf was conflicted with my better judgment...I take full responsibility as I knew better than to do it especially so soon...but as I'm sure you know sir my Wolf only wanted to give her whatever she as of me no questions asked."

He sighed heavily..."I get it now...I know how Raven can be when she wants something."

There was a brief pause in the conversation, "I know hurting you would only hurt her and she'd hate me...plus I understand that my rather persistent rebel child of mine will have placed you in a rather tough spot, I know how Mates work, despite not having my own I fully know the draw to them and the willingness to want to please them in every way...trust me, your wolf will refuse to obey your command if you don't listen to your mate."

I nodded. I didn't know he didn't have a mate...he's been married to the Luna and they're even marked so I just assumed they were Mates, I wondered if Royce's mom was his Mate, I knew she had passed a long time ago, it must've been hell for him when his mate died.

While I tried not to dwell on the time lines considering Royce is only just a few months older than Bryson I paid attention once again.

"I know it's sort of programmed in us to fear our Mates father's...hell I'm terrified of my Mates father still to this day, but that's for a different reason entirely." He said shaking a stray thoughts from his head. "What I'm gettin at is you don't have to worry about me, although you've got quite a reputation as your former Alpha I know first hand that you're a good kid...honors student, athlete, hard working young man respectable son and I've seen you babysitting your little sister."