Cookies & Cuddles

-RYLAND-

I knew if I was going to be laying next to my mate in bed then I'd have to able to get my wolf in check and part of the way to do that was to let him burn energy by running, so I planned on having a run before returning back to Charles' house and spending the evening with my mate.

But when Charles announced he too was going for a run We decided to run together. I could tell he was running to get his anger and agression out. No doubt he wanted to kill Alpha Roy but refrained.

And running alongside him definitely was wearing me down. So when we returned to the house we got dressed and entered through the back door.

We found Raven at the sink in the kitchen washing the dishes.

She turned and was surprised to see me, but smiled after she realized what was going on.

"Hey Ray, where's Natty?"

"She told me to tell you she'd be at the green house for the evening."

He smirked and took off immediately.

"Well...looks like we have the place to ourselves tonight." She said.

Her words were bold and slightly suggestive, but the tone in her voice told me she was nervous.

So I smiled at her, "We do, but I promised I'd be on my best behavior plus I wouldn't disrespect Cahrles and Nat's home so...we'll keep it PG."

She smiled and I watched as her body seemed to ease.

"Well then how about I finish these up, and we can help ourselves to the cookies everyone ignored and then we can go to bed."

I smiled and nodded as I moved to help her with the dishes. As we worked together we got them finished quickly.

We sat in the living room and had a few cookies as we talked and caught up. She told me all about school and how much she was actually enjoying it, and how she was also working alongside Nat for a Presentation Ceremony scheduled for next Saturday.

I had to be honest, I was really proud to hear that my own mate had a hand in my presenting ceremony to the pack. Of course the most shocking thing was finding out her prick of a brother Bryson, wasn't actually her brother after all. She filled me in on all the drama but it was still hard to believe, more so since the literal son of a bitch was now going to be left Silver Junction pack.

I was glad to know my family was all gone from the pack as well as my Mate so no one I cared about would be around when that idiot takes over.

"And how about you...I'm sure you did a lot of amazing Beta things on your business trip."

I nodded, "It was a successful trip overall." I admitted. "We sat down with a couple Alphas from neighboring packs and we were able to come to some mutual agreements and form new alliances, then of course there was the meeting with the fucking council members...I swear if they would have sent you back-"

"Why don't we go to the room?" She suggested, cutting me off from my rant.

I nodded, I got a bag out in the car so you go ahead, I'll meet you in there.

I watched her go down the hall and noticed which room she went into.

_____

-RAVEN-

My heart was beating with excitement as I quickly removed my outfit and pulled out my night shirt and blushed as I realized I hadn't packed any bottoms to sleep in.

I shrugged it off as I crumpled my outfit and tossed it into my bag before i pulled back the comforter and got into the bed...I smiled when I realized this is a twin sized bed, we'd have to squeeze in pretty close accommodate the both of us.

I heard him knock on the door before he opened it, I smiled at him as I saw he was all smiles too.

He put his bag down and looked at me.

"So like a lot of guys...I don't exactly wear night clothes to bed...Is that gonna be okay with you, otherwise I'll just sleep in this."

"No that's fine." I assured him, and I shrugged, "I'm not exactly wearing any shorts or anything myself."

"Really?"

I nodded, "well I wasn't planning on sharing a bed with anyone, and this is how I normally sleep ya know."

He smiled, "As long as you're comfortable Princess."   

"Just hurry up and get in the bed." I said before I laid back and closed my eyes as I got more comfortable, and also to give him a little privacy.

He turned the lights off and I opened my eyes just as he was getting into the bed.

"Come here you." He said softly as He reached one arm under me and scooped me sort of onto his chest.

I smiled as I scooted a bit to get more comfortable and to be closer to him.

Instead of laying my head on his chest, my head was now on his shoulder near the crook of his neck and shoulder. I reached my right hand up and carressed his handsome face as he looked down at me.

He kissed me and I was instantly consumed by him.

I hooked my right leg over his hip to draw him in closer and his free arm went around my waist.

The kisses were seductively slow and building and every single ounce of me wanted him in every way possible, his wolf was also responding to these kisses as I could feel his body awaken to our actions.

"Raven," He chuckled a little, "We have to be good babe...Come on, let's cool it before we get too carried away."

As much as my body wanted to protest and contiue where we left off,  I knew he was right.

He kissed me once more before he also kissed my forehead, "Let's get some sleep."

I smiled and nodded, with my eyes now closed I nuzzled into his neck and relaxed.

We laid there comfotably cuddling.

He lifted my hand and brought it carefully up to his mouth before placing a tender kiss my palm. "I Love you Raven." He said before he placed my hand on his chest right above his heart.

"Really?" I asked beaming. "You have no idea how much I Love you Ryland."

Our touches were light, our caresses were lingering, our kisses were sweet and gentle.

Before too long I began to yawn.

"Stop fighting your sleep Princess."

I smiled.

I smiled and simply enjoyed the lovely moment. I wanted to stay awake and live in this exact moment forever. But as I thought about how I wished every night could be like this with my mate I drifted off to sleep.

_________
A/N:

Song for Ray & Ry in bed: If Heaven had a Face by Joe Jury