Movie night

~ Chapter 4 ~

I'm wearing black nike shorts and a white hoodie; simple and comfortable.

I jog downstairs and passing the kitchen, about to turn the door knob until someone yells my name.

" Ava!!! Where are you going?" Did I forget to mention that my mom is overprotective as well. She just came back from work.

" I'm going over to the neighbors house. I'm going to watch a movie with a friend." I cross my fingers, hoping she doesn't make a big deal out of this.

She walks over to the door way. " What friend?" She gives me a suspicious look; there we go.

" He's a friend from school. Can I go now." Though I wouldn't call Asher a friend, it's just easier to get me out of the house.

My mom gives me one of those mother glares while thinking about it.

" Fine. Just please becareful and don't do anything that I don't want you doing."

I roll my eyes. " Mom I'll be next door not on the other side of the world."

She just nods and I leave.

----------------------

I knock the door and the devil himself answers it.

" You made it." he smirks. Now he's wearing his usual attire; a black hoodie with black sweatpants and black converse.

" Yes, I survived the 30 second walk here." I reply.

" Great, now are you going to come in? Or just stand there and have the pleasure of checking me out?" Cocky brunette is back.

" I'd rather come in." I give him fake smile. " FYI, when some one looks at you it doesn't mean they're checking you out." I say, matter-of-factly.

He raises and eyebrow and I walk in. I look around and notice his house is a little bigger than mine, but it has the same structure. Overall it's pretty cozy.

" Amazed?" I turn my attention to him, to see his hands in his pockets and he's rocking on his feet, back and forth.

I shrug, then he leads me to the living room. I see a bowl of popcorn on the table in front of the couch and we take a seat.

" Are you home alone?"

" No, my family just takes advantage of the time and sleeps early." He shrugs.

" Well, since we're neighbors don't you think I should know more about you and your family?"

He raises an eyebrow.
" Uhhhhhh, I guess." He scratches the back of his neck—almost hesitant.

" Go ahead." I turn to face him on the couch.

" Well, " he sighs, " I have a mom, and a stepfather. My dad passed away. " His emerald green eyes lose their sparkle and dim, when he mentions the last part.

I'm guessing he doesn't like talking about his father. I give him a sorry look knowing saying 'I'm sorry' doesn't do anything.

" My siblings are all monsters. I have two brothers, one older, one younger, and one older sister." He nods and I don't mean to be nosy, but I nod, gesturing for him to continue. I'm a good listener, and if I'm being honest I'd prefer listening rather than talking.

He sighs. " My older brother is Devon and he's 20, while my younger brother; Alex, he's 15. And if course my older sister, Morgan, she's 23." It might be me, but he says his sisters name in a bitter tone. " Devon is off to college and Morgan lives here—in Florida. But she lives with her husband; Matt. Alex goes to our same high school but you barely see him around because he's too cool." He air quotes cool and takes in one deep breath as if that took a lot of effort to get out.