Surpassing the Typical Day

~ Chapter 35 ~

*Major editing done

*Full Chapter uploaded now, Sorry I just realized*

I take a huge leap and clutch Asher's shoulders, afraid that I might fall. After all, our height difference is quite noticeable.

Melissa decided that it's not ladylike to jump on to other people's back, so she's crouching below Leo with bunny ears on her head because of him. Taylor is standing beside him, continuing the bunny ear pattern on Leo. While, Justin simply stands on his knees below Asher and me, fixing his beanie.

Melissa kindly asked a blonde lady to take our picture in front of the Cinderella castle, since we all wanted to be in it. After she takes it and returns Melissa's camera, I expect Asher to let go of me, but his hands are still clinging to my knees, therefore we're still in a piggy pack ride position.

" Now," Justin clears his throat as he announces to us, " To the gift shop." He raises his voice, exaggerating the announcement.

We all roll our eyes because of his excessive enthusiasm and excitement. I'm eager to find out what the rest of the day will be as well if I'm being honest. I continue trying to escape from Asher's grip, but I fail.

" Please let go of me. Now." I command.

He chuckles as we start walking towards the gift shop as if he doesn't even know that I'm stuck to his back.

" Race everyone to the store." Leo yells and thus surprises everyone.

While we all take time to absorb the words, Leo gets a head start. Instantly, Asher lets go of me and thankfully, I land on my feet and start running full speed with my Adidas sneakers, while trying to win this imaginary race that Leo has set for everybody.

Suddenly, time slows; everything is in slow motion as if I were in a movie.

I'm running beside Asher, my ponytail bouncing behind me and a piece of his hair flying out of his backward SnapBack, while he smirks at me competitively.

Leo and Taylor are practically wrestling to beat each other, like fighting cats.

Justin, with his exaggerated sprinting, yelling unnecessary profanities throughout the park, even though there are kids here.

Lastly, when I look back, I see Melissa jogging and taking her time. I guess, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of all the families staring at us like we're aliens. Smart, but she's missing out on the fun.

Once we get to the gift shop, most of us are panting since we basically just traveled half of the theme park while running.

Apparently, Leo—obviously—, Asher, and I are the first to get here, followed by Taylor five seconds later, Justin two seconds later, and Melissa a century later.

Leo scoffs. " You could do better than that." He mumbles to all of us.

Asher and Taylor stare at him with raised eyebrows and annoyed expressions. I ignore him and start looking around the shop. We all agreed to buy Mickey Mouse ears, more like Melissa forced us, so her photographs can look "coordinated and aesthetic" according to her.

I pick out a normal Mickey Mouse headband and immediately decide on it. The others look around the shop, but then again it's not the first time that we've all come to this theme park, at least for most of us.

I pay for my headband and put it on. When I find Melissa, she's looking at the Minnie Mouse ears. Of course, she is.

" Mel." I smile at her.