The Caring Asshole

~ Chapter 26 ~

*Major editing done

Before I know it, I see Asher and Justin running towards the loose dog. He won't stop running. Probably, because of all the attention. Oddly, I don't see any animal control or adults running after him. But, oh man, isn't Asher going to get it this time.

When they finally catch him, they start walking off to the parking lot.

" Will someone go see what's going on with those knuckleheads?" Our coach yells and I automatically start walking towards them. I ignore the whispers and stares following me.

When I get to Asher's car, I see them playing with the adorable pup, instead of trying to decide what to do with him.

" You are going to hell for this." Is the first thing I say.

Asher turns to look at me and smirks. " I already registered with hell, but come on you can't resist this." He starts handing me the golden furball and I don't decline him.

Justin chuckles. " Now, you're going to hell too."

" I doubt that." Asher mumbles and I roll my eyes.

I start petting the blue-eyed dog and he starts licking my hand. I smile at him.

" Do I want to know why or how he's here?" I turn to Asher and he shakes his head.

Even though he's sweaty from practice, he still manages to look decent. I have no idea, why I noticed that, especially at this moment, but then again it's hard not to.

He's managing a decent look with track pants, cleats, a black T-shirt, and of course, his SnapBack. He couldn't live without it, though I don't know where his raybans are right now.

" Practice is over." Justin says, while looking at his watch.

" Well, home we go." Asher shrugs as I hand him Azul. "I'm driving you, aren't I?"

" Sadly." I answer him.

" Be thankful!!!" He yells, with his nonaccent English, which is becoming usual now.

" Shit." Justin starts turning around, to avoid eye contact from what's to come. "Psychotic principal coming."

I don't miss it when Asher's eyes widen. Though he tries to act casual, I notice he's a little anxious from his fidgeting fingers holding the dog, but other than that his face is completely neutral.

" Goodluck." I smile tightly.

" Yeah, with getting expelled." Justin mumbles, but he still stands ground beside his best friend, even though he probably has nothing to do with the situation.

—————————

" Detention for 2 weeks, extra?" I repeat.

" Thanks for proving your not deaf." He says while he continues to drive.

I roll my eyes. " And you have no problem with that?"

He purses his lips. " There are many horrible things that I have no problem with." He shrugs.

I look out the window while listening to him. "Explanation, please."

He clears his throat. " There's not much to explain." He says though I feel like there is. "It's just that I'm too careless, for some things to affect me."

I look at him amused. "Deep, but I doubt that's true." And I really do doubt that.

He scoffs. " Don't expect any more."