The Common Issue

~ Chapter 44 ~

* Will be editing this chapter tomorrow so ignore the errors, for now enjoy ;)

Adrenaline and eagerness take over my body as the boys warm-up for their soccer match. The boys will be playing against our school's biggest rivals; the panthers—also known as Mountain-ridge Highschool.

The Girls will be playing an hour after the guys against the same school. There will be a decent amount of competition on the field, but who in the world was smart enough to start the season with our school's top opponents?

" This should be good." Melissa scoffs as she takes a seat next to me on the bleacher with her around her neck. My parents are sitting farther away with the other grownups who decided to show up while up the students sit closer to the field. I notice Asher's mom and Trent aren't here, which is odd since I was expecting they would attend.

I look at her smiling face. " What are you excited about?—I mean other seeing Jace play." I nudge her shoulder with mine playfully.

She rolls her eyes. " What are you excited about—I mean other than seeing Asher play." She asks me in a mocking tone.

I'm serious, Melissa Price never attends a soccer match with an enormous smile on her face." I look at her curiously.

" Clueless Grey, let me explain to you what history is amongst you on the Eastwood's field this afternoon." She says in a narrative tone. " When you, Ava Grey, were in Canada during Sophmore year, the Eastwood Eagles played a very intense final match against the Mountain ridge Panthers-and by intense I mean violent." She informs me simply as I listen attentively while I observe the coaches exchanging words and the players settling in their positions.

Melisa continues her historical story. " Of course, the violence incorporated the one and only Asher Cooper and a Mountain-ridge student." My eyes rest on the brunette, who's currently talking to Justin. " Don't get me wrong though, Bruce Anders was also being a bitch." She quickly gestures over to the bulky blond-haired striker wearing his blue kit. " His anger issues got out of control when the skilled Asher Cooper would constantly possess and score with the ball. Therefore, both of the strikers' tempers got out of hand and there was this huge fight. Overall." She crosses her legs as her story reaches an end. " Let's just say this isn't the first time Asher has broken his arm on this field and let's hope for a civilized match."

The whistle blows and the crowds on both our side and our opponent's side start to make a commotion. Let's hope for a peaceful match.

—————————

My ears nearly bleed as the Eagle's crowd cheers for Asher's 25th-minute goal that he has so skillfully scored. I watch the brunette in awe at how he swiftly passes the defenders. I've never seen him play in an actual match so I can't help my amazement.

He possesses such skill, like no one I've seen before—well other than the profesional footballers. He really could do this for a living.

Asher, Leo, and Jace are forwards. Justin and Ryder are centering and Taylor is a defender. So far Asher and Leo have been cooperating perfectly; he assisted Asher's goal.

Even though I'm too busy being happy for our school's team, I can't help but notice the sweaty Bruce Anders glaring at the restless brunette.

*88th minute of the second half*

" I can't watch, I think I'm going to be sick." I tell Melissa and she nods back in agreement, however, we both sit silently and stare at the intense last minutes left of the match.

It's currently a tie; 2 to 2. Asher and our team's third striker—Jace— have scored our two goals while Mountain-ridge has scored with Bruce Anders and another midfielder. We could've scored more, except our opponent's defenders are too strong.