Half-Worried

~ Chapter 18 ~

*Major editing done

* Thx for 500+ reads, enjoy.

I watch, as the punches are exchanged between Asher and Blake. My eyes are wide as I stare anxiously, but I don't know what to do.

Melissa stands beside me and even she has a worried expression, unlike the rest of the students who are enjoying the action. Some are cheering for Asher to beat Blake up, and others the opposite.

Blake is larger in size than Asher, with a bit more muscle on him, but Asher does his best not to let him prove it.

Suddenly, Justin gets in and tries to pull Asher off of Blake, but the brunette refuses by pushing away. Now, Justin looks like he's panicking as well, so he takes off his jacket.

There is something in Asher's eyes, that tells me that this isn't just about Alex, but it's also about something else or even someone.

Blake turns over,on top of Asher now and punches him in the jaw. Asher tries to get him off and so do the other boys.

My mouth is wide open. It's been a while since I've seen a fight in front of my eyes, and this one looks painful as hell.

When Asher manages to push Blake off of him, he bends down to where his ear is and whispers something to him. Blake's face is full of rage. Then, Asher gets up and kicks him straight in the stomach, while Blake is sitting on the floor and he grimaces at the pain.

I automatically gasp. Maybe, Asher is being too harsh, but why is he so mad? Justin and the other boys continue to try and separate the two, but they keep getting pushed away. Blake gets up weakly and pushes Asher to the ground, before he can stop him.

" They are fucking unstoppable!!!" Justin says in front of me, with a hand on his forehead.

Asher tries to get up, but this time, Blake is the one to kick him in the stomach.

" Ava," Melissa looks at me, holding my arm, " Do something." Her brown eyes look into mine, believing in me. But, if I go in there I'll probably need CPR, afterwards.

Asher is still on the ground, trying to get up with a hand on his stomach. Blake gets ready for another kick. Sure both of them would kick, I mean they play soccer—of course they'd use their feet as a weapon.

" Hey asshole," The words roll off my tongue, before I can even think about them. Almost all eyes go on, me but I don't care what they think, at this moment.

Blake's head turns to my direction, and it looks like sweat is dripping from his blond hair. He scrunches his eyebrows. " What'd you just call me?"

Asher gets up from behind him and pushes him to the ground. I smile with pride at my way of distraction, though they should both quit tackling each other. There's a lot of pushing, happening at the moment.

Blake lies on his back, on the ground, holding his head. Asher smirks down at him. "She said asshole. In case you don't know what that means," he leans down," It's a stupid, irritating, worthless, being."

Blake is about to get up, but Asher holds him down on his chest with his foot. " Which describes you in every single way, asshole." Asher continues.

I can see Justin and the other guys snickering at Blake, who mutters,  " Dickhead."

I can't stop the silent laugh that escapes my lips, but suddenly the asshole pulls Asher's leg, which causes him to fall to the ground—back first.

Before the fighting can continue, thankfully, the principal shows up and makes his way through the pesky teenagers. His eyes widen and his expression is filled with disappointment and anger.

" MR. WEST AND MR. COOPER!!!" His tight voice rings throughout the cafeteria, causing Asher and Blake to look at Mr. Edwards in a startled way. Also, making everyone else walk back to their seats except for Melissa, Justin, Leo, Taylor, Ryder, a couple of other guys, and I.

Mr.Edwards tries to cool his temper down as he points to the exit. " Office. Now."

Asher fixes his Jacket and runs a hand through his hair, still glaring at Blake with, what I can tell, is pure hatred, through those green eyes. Blake gets up after him, still holding his head from the push and he looks like he wants to murder Asher, but that isn't possible at the moment. I manage to get a look of regret from Blake's expression. Me; always wanting to observe people and know what they're thinking, because it gives me reasons for their actions.

As both of their figures retreat, I noticed Asher has a bruise next to his eye. It's not quite a black eye, just a bruise. I'm really curious to what the main topic is, that caused this fight.

I hear a deep exhale behind me. I turn around to see Justin sitting next to Alex, who looks frozen with his mouth slightly opened. Justin aggresively runs a hand through his hair. " Come on, lets go to class." Melissa tells me, with a sympathetic smile. I probably didn't hear the bell, but lunch is over and now we have to continue the day like nothing happened.

I start walking toward Health, not in the mood for the nonsense. I wave goodbye to Melissa. Leo and Justin join me, both looking ahead of them without saying a single word, which is unusual.

" At least, we tried to stop him." I point out, knowing that they're probably thinking about the same thing that's rolling through my mind.

" Yeah." Leo shrugs like he could've done better. " But, I give you a bonus point for helping him out." He smiles proudly and I shrug.

Justin looks at the floor as we make our way through the people. " Still, I can't believe that douchebag said that, to him and Alex." He mutters. Now, he looks like he's mad at Blake as well.

" I've been meaning to ask, what exactly was that fight about? Other than Blake picking on Alex." I look at Justin, specifically, for an answer, knowing that he probably knows everything. But, he simply shakes his head—that's covered with a gray beanie—in disbelief.

" You'll find out soon—when the time is right." He tells me, as we walk into our class.

" You don't go to this class." I tell Justin.

" I wish." He rolls his eyes. " I got moved from Graphic Arts, to here." he says in disgust. I nod and sit between Leo and Justin.

" Apparently, my talent in the arts isn't good enough," he says with a mischievous look on his face " But, trust me I've seen quite some graphic things in life like—"

" I don't need to know!!!" I stop him before he can continue, describing god knows what, causing a smirk to form on his lips.

As class started, I obviously coudn't focus, because my mind has it's own thoughts that it wants to recover. Instead of focusing on smoking pros and cons, my thoughts go back to what Blake told Asher. I don't mean to be nosy, it's just that it seems like something serious, that really got to Asher and that's not normal.

" If you're thinking about the whole scene from earlier, don't let it bother you." Justin whispers from beside me. "He's a strong guy and he doesn't let anything get to him." I nod, looking at my notebook. If Justin is being serious, then you know that it's true, since he's rarely serious. I guess it's obvious I'm spaced out.

But, that's why I'm half-worried about this thing; it did seem to get to Asher. His lack of presence, even in class, makes everything feel slightly different. Starting from less distractions, which is better, but slightly boring. Even Justin is quiet, because of the lack of presence of his best friend. Or maybe it's because, that he's actually paying attention in class, unlike me.

I don't know why I'm worrying so much. Is it because, I think the brunettes weakness could've been exposed and it angered him?

Or maybe it's because I actually do care about this idiot-brunette-boy, that I just met only a couple of days ago—that's even less than a week. Don't get me wrong, he's still annoying and cocky.

Hope you liked it
Btw I just organized all the days of each chapter so I hope it's not confusing like before.
Enjoy <3

~ surviver ~