Jock Territory

~ Chapter 12 ~

- Ava's POV -

Lunch is finally here as I chew on my cookies. Fun fact: they're my favorite food and I would never share them with anyone—literally.

Melissa and Abigail join me at the the table. Both greet me and immediately start talking, as they get out their food.

" Did you hear that the jocks got detention?" Melissa looks like she's got a lot to say.

" Yeah, what's new? Asher and Justin are in Abigail and I's first period, and I think they did something to piss someone off. Including my brother." I mumble it all, not really interested for the gossip.

Abigail nods eagerly and Melissa looks from me to Abigail.

" What?" I ask.

" Asher Cooper and Justin Fuller are with you guys in class?" Melissa looks shocked like I just told her that I won the the lottery.

" Yeah, chill they're just a bunch of careless, self-centered, jocks—or at least some are."

" And I'd die for that one." Abigail sighs dreamily, as she stares in the direction of Justin Fuller's charm.

I roll my eyes. " I repeat, they are all just self-centered with really high egos. "

" Why don't you try telling that to them yourself?" Melissa says while looking behind me.

I scoff as the brunette and Leo appear in front of our table. I ignore them and bite into my tasty cookie.

" Ladies." Asher greets us with his signature smirk and his hands in his jacket pockets, as Leo stands beside him with a normal, human being smile.

I notice that when we're at school, the brunette's accent is more faint.

I can see Abigail blushing and Melissa sitting up straighter. I roll my eyes once again.

" Asher." Melissa replies, while Abigail just sits there with her crimson cheeks. I on the other hand try to enjoy my cookie not wanting to look him in his green eyes.

Asher clears his throat. "Would you like to join us at our table, where it's less boring."

Abigail immediately replies with a yes, while Melissa looks as confused as I am.

Why would someone he invite us to his table. Are we pushing the stereotypes aside?

Now is when our eyes meet. "Tell me brunette. Why invite us to your jock territory?" I cross my arms wanting an explanation.

" Well, your majesty," he starts " lets not label each other here and it's just a kind offer." He says with a playful tone and a twinkle in his fascinating eyes.

" Well, your highness, we kindly decline your offer. Now you may leave." I repy with the same playful tone as his. Abigail pouts at me, but Melissa seems fine with it.

Leo interupts our little scene. " What this asshole is trying to say, is that we would like to spend more time with you." He smiles pleadingly."Please." He adds.

It's true that lately Leo and Taylor haven't been hanging out with us, often.

I look back at the table to see all the boys and girls enjoying themselves, obnoxiously. Not to mention most of the girls are cheerleaders. Ew. But I knew Leo wanted us to join them really badly and as a good friend, I sigh and mumble a faint fine.

Melissa and Abigail look pleased with my answer, as they have no problem with boys. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Asher and Leo smile.

I get up, already finished with my food like Melissa and Abigail.