Just Watch and Enjoy

~ Chapter 25 ~
^ Ava & Asher

*Major editing done

I groan as I get out of bed and remember last night. Yes, we got busted and we're grounded for two weeks, but I guess it doesn't get any worse, since I still get to go to soccer practice.

I get ready and walk out the door. A white adidas T-shirt and jeans shorts with adidas sneakers. My soccer essentials are in my bag.

I walk down the porch and see him standing in front of his raven car. I notice the cigarette he's holding between his fingers. I cringe when the smoke exits his mouth.

He's wearing his regular attire, except this time he's wearing a black T-shirt under his letterman jacket, instead of a hoodie. He actually listened to me, but he's still wearing his snapback.

At that moment, he looks isolated, with the cigarette in his hand and head down, thinking of something, I can tell. Even his eyes look distant, but when he sees me, his head shoots up and a smirk appears on his once troubled face. " It's about time you showed up."

" Shut up, I'm right on time." I say as he puts on his Raybans.

" Yeah, yeah, and goodmorning to you too." He pulls off a fake smile and I roll my eyes, then get into the car.

The whole ride to school was filled with music. I noticed Asher doesn't really like the silence, unlike me, because it's always comfortable around him.

" You know how Saturday's party was your idea and my brother agreed to it?" I say out of nowhere.

" Yeah." He says slowly.

" Well, I don't want to say I told you so, but it was obviously a bad idea, since both of us are grounded now." I look straight at him to see his reaction, but he only scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, like he was caught doing something wrong.

" So your saying it's my fault? I mean, shit. It is. I didn't think your parents were that strict—did you tell them it was me? God, your mom probably wishes I was dead right now, right? Does—"

" Stop." He looks at me, confused. " You're slurring again." I point out.

" Oh." He pulls into the schools parking lot and turns off the car.

" Relax, I didn't tell them anything and besides it's fine." I explain, " It's not like I was planning to go on a holiday, for the next two weeks."

" Shit." He fidgets with his key. " That's a lot."

" For you. Since you can barely stay in the same place, for at least an hour."

He shrugs, agreeing with my words.

—————————

Math class starts and I mentally prepare myself for torture.

Justin and Asher keep messing around behind me, but I try to ignore them and actually focus.

Abigail doesn't sit behind me anymore, thankfully. Instead, she sits with the devils.

Mr. Porter starts the lesson and I'm already bored.

Suddenly, I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around and Asher is smirking mischievously at me, which means something is wrong and Justin is leaning forward.

" Look at the floor." Asher whispers, while still wearing his SnapBack and raybans.

I roll my eyes, then look at the floor and almost squeal at the sight of the reptile, slithering it's way through the classroom. But, before I can, Asher puts his warm hand on top of my mouth from behind me, to keep me from making any noise.