He's back #2

~ Chapter 36 ~

*Major editing done

" It's three am." My dad's voice continues to madden at me.

I stare into his annoyed blue eyes.

" I'm sorry." I mumble and all of a sudden I'm tired and craving my bed.

" We were worried to death about you." My mother breaks in.

She's sitting on the couch with droopy eyes, while my dad stands up disapprovingly.

" I'm sorry." I repeat. Now I'm starting to get irritated.

" Ryder told us you were out with that Cooper boy." My dad tilts his head.

I try and not flinch as he refers to him as that Cooper boy.

" First your brother and now you." My mom shakes her head.

" I can hang out with whoever I want." I start.

" He's not the best influence." My mom continues with her motherly tone, " You've never come back home at three. Ever." She emphasizes with her voice.

" Well, I just wanted to have fun." I point out. Then, " I'm tired. I'm going to go to sleep."

I start going up the stairs, then I abruptly stop at my mother's words. " You will keep your distance with him from now on."

I turn around slowly. " Excuse me?" I gape at my mother unbelievingly.

She's never been this strict in her life. What's going on? Even my dad seems surprised at her demand.

" You heard me." She nods.

" So, you're telling me, that I can't hang out with a simple boy—same as any of my other friends—" I add. " And you didn't even tell us we're moving." I'm practically yelling now.

My parents look like they've been caught in the middle of a crime. Shocked.

" How—how did you know that?" My dad scratches the back of his neck; ashamed or embarrassed? I don't care. My parents basically betrayed me—betrayed us, me and Ryder.

" Surprised?" I tilt my head at them, not expecting an answer from them because their expressions are enough.

" Ryder and I found the paperwork for your new job—that you got accepted into," I say all at once. " Were you going to make us move without telling us?" I stare at them unbelievingly now, slowly realizing my own words.

" We were going to tell you soon." My dad informs me and I start shaking my head.

" Soon?" I sigh. " When is soon? Ryder and I are about to graduate, therefore it is very unreasonable for us to move when school just started." I was about to continue rambling when all of a sudden I am abruptly stopped.

" Ava." My mom starts.

" No. This isn't fair—" I continue.

" Ava!!!" My mom starts raising her voice, but I realize I can't stop. I have to speak up. I don't know what's taken over me.

" I have friends—" I continue and that one of the answers of what's taken over me.

" AVA!!!" My mom stares at me impatiently.