Be ourselves

~ Chapter 9 ~

- Asher's POV -

I'm sitting down on the couch, on my phone. Trent is in the kitchen cooking dinner. Thankfully he knows how to cook.

Suddenly, Alex comes down the stairs with his skateboard in his hands. He's wearing his usual leather jacket, black jeans, with a pair of black converse.

One thing we both like is the color black. We wear it religiously.

He starts skateboarding in the hallway.

" Alex, I swear if you break anything you'll pay for it. " I yell.

He comes gliding by and stares at me, with those green eyes and just shrugs.

One thing all my siblings and I have in common are those green eyes.

But you can say Alex took my moms latin looks. My mom is from Spain, Madrid. Alex has the same carmel skin tone and raven hair as my mom. Unlike all of my siblings with brunette hair, which means that Alex barely looks like us because we took our dads looks.

All four of us kids speak the Spanish language that our mom taught us. Sometimes it bothers our step-dad when we talk spanish in front of him.

Since, we lived in Spain with my mom and dad for a while, you'd expect me to have a spanish accent, but I didn't let it get to me; it's really faint.

While Alex on the other hand, has totally got that spanish accent that suites his looks.

He starts skateboarding towards the door probably going outside, when all of a sudden the door flies open and smashes right into him, making contact with his face first. With that, he falls to the ground really loudly and painfully.

I get up and go to him while he's clutching his forehead in pain.

" Owww!!! Who the fu—" before he can continue to whine, two figures step into the house with luggage in their hands.

Both me and my brothers mouths drop open.

" Hi!!!" the two brunettes say in unison.

We both keep quite, still surprised by their arrival since, we're not used to seeing Devon and Morgan until school is over.

We stare at each other in the awkward silence, Alex still gripping his head when all of a sudden Trent comes in, too delighted with the guests arrivals to be noticing Alex's injury.

We watch as they exchange hugs and cheerful comments and all those cheesy things.

" FUCK!!!" Alex yells. I look down and see his green eyes wide and looking at his hand that is now covered with blood.

Trent was about to help him, but I just had to say something," You deserve it. I told you not to skateboard in the house. " I say with an I-told-you-so tone.

Alex looks up with a mad expression on his face. " Not as much as you would deserve this."

I roll my eyes and literally pull him up by his jacket, practically forgetting there were people around us. Honestly, I didn't feel like doing any of that cheesy shit, so I gave an excuse.

" Excuse me, while I go take care of this." I head into the kitchen, pulling the idiot along with me.

I let him wash the blood away then dry it up. After all of that, I give him a bandage to put onto his forehead. Oh, the sweet brother I am—sarcasm.

" Since, when did you become my docter?" he asks in a teasing tone.

" Shut up, unless you want me to cut your forehead open very, very, happily."