Lovey Dovey Cheesiness

~ Chapter 14 ~

I lay in bed, scrolling through my phone until Alex comes in and tells me that dinner is ready.

I get up and head downstairs, to see all my siblings and Trent sitting together, while talking about god knows what.

I take a seat on my usual place; next to Alex. Trust me, it's not the best place, but I have no choice. Across from me, sits Devon and next to him is Morgan, while Trent sits at the head of the table. Almost like the perfect family—except the total opposite.

On the plate in front of me, I see Morgan's famous dish of spaghetti and meatballs. I grab a fork and play with the food, not really in the mood for eating.

" So, Asher, we're having family game night tonight and we'd like to make sure you'll be there." I look up to see Devon's green eyes analyzing me.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Trent giving me a look, that I obviously had no choice so I shrug. Devon smiles in return.

I have a math test tomorrow and I didn't understand anything from Mr. Porter, so there's no point in studying so the grade that I get might not be satisfying.

Alex, beside me, is drinking his second cup of soda, not to mention he's barely eaten anything on his plate. As he puts the cup down, I see him reaching to pour more for himself, but I stop him by grabbing the soda bottle.

" Dude, eat." He frowns at me. " You have serious drinking problems." I add.

He rolls his eyes and starts eating, "vYou have serious school problems, 24/7." He says in a low voice.

Trent's head shoots to my direction, probably knowing that what Alex said, wasn't a joke.

Shit.

I awkwardly look at my plate not wanting to talk about this right now.

" We're going to talk about this later." Trent says, with a tight voice.

" Yeah right, that's if you're ever free—which is basically never." I mumble that, but he obviously heard me because his fork slams onto his plate.

Maybe, I shouldn't have said that, but I was just being honest. Trent is always at work, to the point where I only see him before I go to sleep because his shift finishes at night. Not that I care, but it bugs me that my mom is in the hospital and he's barely around to even take care of Alex. That's why I feel, like I'm mostly responsible for Alex

I can see that Trent just lets it go and continues to eat. While, Morgan continues to eat quietly, not wanting to make anything worse.

" Cuida tu lenguaje (watch your mouth)." Devon warns me in Spanish, so Trent won't understand.

I look up to see his green eyes, glaring at me, so I automatically glare back.

" Chicos, por favor, paran, eso es espeluznante." (Guys please stop that's creepy). Alex whispers to us, with a concerned look on his face.

I now notice, that we've been staring at each other for a couple of minutes now. I seem to be doing that a lot these days.

——————————

So far I've lost 2 times in monopoly and 1 time in chess against Devon, but I did manage to win in a round of poker against him.

I drop the cards on the table, proudly. Morgan and Alex are on the couch watching a movie, while Trent went to his room.

" Beat that. Asher Cooper wins again for the hundredth—no actually the thousandth time."

" Oh, don't I love hearing you brag." Devon says dryly, as he runs a hand through his brunette hair, probably frustrated that I beat him every time we play this game.