Hell hard, knocked out

~ Chapter 33 ~

*Major editing done

The bell rings, indicating that math has officially started. Or as I call it; the slowest and most confusing part of my day.

I unintentionally slump back into my chair and prepare myself for the struggle of life.

When Mr. Porter's voice starts babbling, I look to my left and notice a brunette head dozed off on the desk. This is rare. It's not every day you see Asher Cooper sleeping, not in his own bed and most definitely not in school.

If I could, I would let him sleep till the end of the day, but unfortunately, this is hell and we're not allowed to do what we please in hell.

So, I cautiously nudge the brunette on my left, with a pencil on the shoulder. Suddenly, he takes in a sharp breath and I think that I might have scared him to death.

His head shoots up and his leg immediately starts tapping, which reassures me that he is awake. His green eyes are hazy at first, but when he realizes he's in school, the tension in his shoulders disappears and he slumps back down. Predictable.

I give him a weird look, then turn back to the calculus, that's messing with my brain.

—————————

" You were hell-hard-knocked-out!!!" Yells Justin as and I cringe.

" Could you yell any louder?" Grumbles Asher.

To be honest, he doesn't look like he's at his best right now; hair in every direction, droopy eyes, flushed cheeks.

" What happened to you?—What did you run into?" I tilt my head, curiously.

The droopy emerald eyes meet my gaze and for a second I think he didn't hear me, but when he opens his mouth to answer, he's sharply interrupted by Justin's booming voice.

" Mr. Flawless, accidentally fell asleep last night." Justin explains.

" Thank you, Asher Cooper." I smile tightly at Justin and he shrugs it off.

But, when Asher opens his mouth, again he's rudely interrupted by the blondy.

" It messes up with his sleep schedule." He continues explaining, even though nobody asked him.

" Shut up!!!" We yell in unison at Justin and he shrinks back with pouty lips.

" So, is it forbidden for Mr. Flawless to fall asleep? Last time I checked, he's not immortal." Says Melissa, matter-of-factly, beside me.

" Stop calling me that." Asher complains, while his head is faced down.

" Somewhat." I answer Melissa and shrug, then I receive a glare from Asher.

" Give me a break." He grumbles again and before I know it, his head slams straight down on the table.

I purse my lips, concerned. Then, I grab his black SnapBack and—obviously—place it backwards onto my head, mocking the brunette.

He must feel like a king with this SnapBack on, because it has weight, even though it's simply resting on my head. I push my weird thought aside, then get back to being concerned.

" Well, good luck surviving the day. We still have health and social studies to get through." I mutter, knowing my words won't make him feel any better.

" Leo and Taylor ditched us again with free period passes." Melissa frowns.

" Rude." I reassure her.

" Rude she said. Rude." Justin's voice booms again in my ear and this time it's deep and dramatic; theatrical.

I turn and glare at him. "What is wrong with you?" I ask, without trying to sound too offensive, but rather concerned.

Again, Justin shrinks back. He shamefully pulls his beanie lower, now only displaying only his mouth. " I might've drunk 4 protein shakes throughout the day." He mumbles.

Melissa chuckles. "Someone's desperate." I also chuckle, involuntarily.

Justin's mouth opens in a dramatic gape. " Now that's rude." He exclaims.

" No offense." I add.

" Oh, isn't it a bit too late for that?" He says sarcastically and we all eventually fall into a fit of laughter.

Suddenly, I stop laughing when my eyes meet with an icy blue pair. The snape.

He scowls at me and shoots a death glare at Asher, that makes me shiver, as usual. In response, I sit up straighter and send him a harsh glare as well.

" Calm down, Dennis the Menace." Melissa says playfully.

I want to ask her what's with the name-calling?, but I'm too busy glaring Blake down.

When the bell rings, declaring that lunch is over, it pulls us out of our trance and I practically jump from the interruption.

" Let him be. Let's go." Melissa drags me to class, as if to make sure I get there safely.

" Text me at seven." She winks at me, then leaves, red hair bouncing behind her.

I turn my Adidas sneakers and force myself to enter the health class, after noticing Justin and Asher lazily following behind.

—————————

I start walking up the porch steps and abruptly stop mid-step. I squint, wondering what the pieces of paper under my doormat are.

When I pick them up, my eyes widen and a smile automatically appears on my lips.

He does intend to make this a good year and he does have adventures planned for us.

Thanks for reading
Short but simple.
Thx for the support ;)
Enjoy <3

~ surviver ~