Party pooper

~ Chapter 23 ~

*Major editing done

I flinch as Melissa throws her hundredth dress onto my bed. She brought a whole bag of dresses and skirts to my house, and now she's forcing me to wear one of them to this party. The idea does not excite me.

" I'm not wearing any of those." I cross my arms, annoyed. " Can't I just wear jeans and a fancy shirt or whatever?"

Melissa turns to look at me. "No, sweetheart, you can't. Because you don't have any fancy shirts and this is the first party of our senior year." She explains.

" Ava Grey, wearing a dress? I'd like to see that."

I look up and see Leo standing at my door frame, with a teasing smirk. I roll my eyes. It's usual for my friends to come into my house without knocking the door, since they're not strangers.

Suddenly, Taylor appears beside him, both slightly matching, as usual. Taylor is wearing jeans and a beige nike hoodie, that makes his platinum hair stand out. While, Leo is wearing a blue Nike hoodie, both with white sneakers. I notice Taylor is holding his laptop in his hands.

" Guess what Taylor Underwood found?" Taylor says as he looks at all of us eagerly.

" An idiot who talks in third person?" Leo says, with a sarcastic tone.

" What?" Melissa chimes in, ignoring Leo's response.

Taylor walks over to my bed and opens his laptop, while explaining. Leo and Melissa take a seat beside him. " So, you guys know how Melissa is the school's photographer? And how she takes pictures for the cheer team and other stuff as well?" Leo and I nod, waiting for him to get to the point.

" While I was editing the pictures last night, I noticed something." His blue eyes are wide in anticipation. He clicks on a picture in his laptop and gestures for us to look at it.

Another one of Taylor's hobbies, is photoshop and editing, which gives Melissa and him a reason to get along.

The three of us look at the picture, confused when we don't see anything, except wannabes doing cheer stunts.

" Nice, Taylor. Half-naked girls doing cartwheels." I nod. "Amazing."

" Spectacular." Leo agrees, even though I was kidding. "I tell you the guy has found quite something." Leo nods, responding with the sarcasm; another reason Leo and I get along.

Taylor gives us an annoyed look, before Melissa starts explaining. " No, you idiots. Look closely." She points at something in the picture.

When I notice who and not what it is, I get even more confused. In the corner of the picture, next to the bleachers, Abigail and Justin are standing beside each other, looking like they're having a deep conversation. Just the sight of Abigail, sends a shiver down my spine

" Well, I'll be damned." Leo mutters. " They're obviously up to something." Leo scratches his chin suspiciously, while staring at the picture.

" That's what I thought as well so," Taylor sighs, " we can ask Asher to find out from Justin, what they're up to."

" Okay, so who's going to ask Asher?" Melissa tilts her head. Then, suddenly, the three of them are staring at me, expectantly.

My eyes widen. " Why me?"

Leo gives me that are you serious look. " Logically, the last time I checked you are the closest one to him." He explains.

" Fine." I sigh.

As Leo and Taylor continue looking at the pictures, hormonally, Melissa continues looking for an outfit. I get up and start looking for something that I like in my closet.