Confined In Madness

Locked up inside.

Three words that describes Shouto. Literally and symbolically.

He is lying on his own futon, staring up at the wooden ceiling. He is bored to death and whenever he tried to think about what happened, his head would throb in pain.

What's worse is that he doesn't have anything that will distract him from his madness that is slowly creeping its way to his system, like a virus without a cure. He is not allowed to use any gadgets and he doesn't have any books to read.

Its been a week ever since his father locked him up. Actually, he overheard the police talking about how dangerous he is to roam around freely without someone eyeing him. What's more disturbing is the fact that there is four CCTV cameras hidden around his room.

Are they seriously confining him in this cursed house?

Shouto looked at the only window in his room. In all honesty, he wanted to escape and run away. But where will he go?

He doesn't know anyone's address from his classmates in 1-A.

Then he suddenly realized something...

He did remember one house that he was sheltered for just a few hours.

The young hero smiled  weakly, barely visible. He stood up and touched the wooden floor, his ice  trailed towards the four spying technologies, freezing the system.

He looked around his room one last time and he felt guilt burning in his heart because of not saying goodbye.

He may not be able to go home for a while...

...

It was almost midnight when Inko came home from the Banes' lair. She went on the front gate and froze when she spotted a trail of blood from her open gate towards her door where a young man lie unconscious.

She recognized him immediately as Shouto, the son of the second most powerful hero. But she didn't fret, instead, she removed her bloodied jacket and draped it over the bleeding teenager. As a mother, she can't just leave a boy outside to die.

She fished out her gun from her side and hid it inside her food basket along with the bullets, just so the young hero won't feel afraid when he wake him up.

The lone mother gently shook Shouto, avoiding the terrible gash on his neck and arm. "Wake up Todoroki" she called out, getting a groan of protest from the teen. "I cannot carry you inside, myself so you need to stand up" she commanded.

Shouto opened his eyes very slowly, only to surprise himself when he spotted the green haired woman leaning towards him. "G-Good Night Mrs. Midoriya" he greeted despite his bleeding and painful situation.

"Come on, stand up and I will support half of your weight" she said. The teen nodded weakly, who managed to to use his quirk to freeze his own wounds.

They moved on slowly; Shouto's right arm around the woman's neck, leaning towards her shoulder. They trudged towards the three step stairs and she opened the door, nearly tripping over the floor mat as they went on forward.

The lone mother settled the wounded teenager on the couch and went on to get the first aid after placing her basket over the kitchen counter.

"What happened?" She demanded, her gentle chubby hands dabbing a cotton of alcohol on his unfroze wounds making him wince..

"Just a little quarrel with a girl" he said.

Inko looked at the teenager's face, checking for any signs of lying but she saw none. "Who exactly is this girl?" She asked, "if you don't mind me asking" she added.

Shouto looked uncertain, he stared at the wooden floor like it was the most interesting part of the house. "A villain...I don't know her, but she kept telling me that its my fault that her family died" he closed his eyes as if trying to remember something painful, "...I think I know what she meant"

The lone mother looked at him with pity, she bandaged the teen's wounds and smiled. "Why don't you sit still and I'll cook something okay?" She said, getting a weak nod from Shouto.
As soon as she left, Shouto sighed and closed his eyes once more. He remembered the villain that attacked him back after he ran away from home. Her sky blue hair and eyes, her short white dress, the angry look she had, and her words; 'Its all your fault! You and your cursed father! You took my whole family away!'

He wanted to apologize so badly, but instead he ran.

Shouto killed hundreds of people, both innocent and sinned. And someone of those he slayed was that villain's family. Its painful to know that he killed without knowing their names...he felt like a monster.

He opened his eyes and looked around the room to distract himself from the burning guilt.

But it was a terrible mistake...he spotted a picture. A picture wherein the villain he encountered stood casually besides Izuku; she wore a calm and bored face, totally different back when she was angry and crying.

Shouto wanted to apologize to her; at least to everyone he had killed, he can give his apologize to one of them.

Inko entered the living room while carrying a bowl of hot soup. She set it in front of him, on top of the coffee table. "You look paler than ten minutes ago, what's the problem?" The lone mother asked out of concern.

He snapped out of his day dream and pointed at the picture by the television. "Can I ask who that blue haired girl is?"

The lone mother eased herself on the other couch. "One of the first friends of Izuku. Her name is Kana Miki, such a beautiful and lovely child. If she didn't join Izuku, I bet she is a great musician by now; too bad her parents was caught into a terrible accident" she explained.

The teen had a spark of hope, "What exactly is this accident?" He asked.

Inko shrugged, "She is a shy girl, Todoroki. Her past isn't something that she is willing to share"

Shouto looked at the picture one last time, swearing that he will find her and apologize, even if it cost his life.

She is the key for him to forgive himself from his own sins.

...

Poor Shouto

What have I done?!

*shrug* Oh well, let's just see how the story goes...

Thanks for reading as always, don't forget to press the small star below and leave a comment!

Next Update: Wednesday