Ch.22 A day at the river

The Bushi gang weren't bad as they seem. Truth be told they where just kids trying to survive in life. Sure they stole stuff and tried to burn Raph while Tikki tried to eat him... several times but they weren't bad guys. Mikey and Ria seemed to be getting fairly well like friends. The same thing with Shinigami, Renet and the other Bushi girls. And Raph even has a thing for Akane. However Raph kept a close eye on Rikki, he was up to something and he needed to figure out what it was.

Right now The Bushi gang lead Mikey, Shinigami and Raph to a beautiful cliff side of flower lily river. Kushi tagged along since his leg felt a lot better he just couldn't do anything crazy like jump into the river like Karasu and Maddie where about to do right now.

"Race you into the waters" Maddie grins as she gets ready to run.

"Your on little mouse" Karasu grins before diving off the cliff and into water.

"Hey wait up !" Maddie shouts jumping in after him.

Mika smirks as she takes off her cover to revaile she was wearing a green bikini. She gives Toran a flirty grin. Toran looks at her with widen eyes before glaring at his twin sister Ariri who had stole the biniki for her.

"Why did you steal her that !?" Toran shouts in japanse.

Ariri makes a hand gesture in response while smirking smugly at him. Akane sighs in a announce at her bickering siblings.

"Go play" Akane mutters at her two siblings. Toran and Ariri jump off the cliff before gripping a tree branch and swing off it into the water.

"10 out of 10 you sexy hot guy !" Mika shouts.

Vexy facepalms while Tikki laughs.

"You know we didn't even steal bathing suits ourselves" Vexy mutters as Termome hands Tikki a piece of cooked meat.

Tikki grins as she bites into a pice of meat.

Rai smiles at Mikey.

"You ready Mikey ?" Rai asks as he gets ready to jump.

Mikey looks down at the height of the ledge.

"N-no" Mikey stummers nervouly.

"Hey its okay, it's not that high up I promise, trust me I've been coming here since I was 8" Rai reinsures him with a comforting smile as he pats Mikey's back.

"I'm still not found of heights" Mikey said.

"Will do it together" Rai said. Mikey smiles as he nods.

They both jump into the water.

Raph looks in concern.

"Don't worry Mikey I'm coming" Raph shouts before looking down. "Whoa that's high" Raph mutters.

"Relaxe scrayed turtle Mikey is having fun unlike you" Shinigami mocks.

"No I'm not listen to you" Raph said.

"That's fine its funnier when you don't retrol back when don't have something to prove" Shinigami smirks.

"Still not listing to you now I got to make sure Mikey is safe" Raph said before jumping into the water and you could hear some loud screaming.

"You okay Raphael ?" Shinigami asks with a smirk.

**********************************************************

They been swimming and playing around. Raph has been debating whatever or not he should talk to Mikey. He watches as Mikey, Rai and other members of the Bushi gang climb trees... or at least attempt to.

Mikey struggles to get to the third branch before accidentally losing his grip and fall but luckily fall into the hands of Tikki who caught him.

"Um thank you Tikki, your not gonna eat me right ?" Mikey asks.

"Nope" Tikki said as she sets him down on his feet and skips off.

"Nice girl" Mikey said.

"Do you always need saving little Kappa ?" Karasu asks as he leans back on a tree sharping his dagger smirking at Mikey.

"Um no" Mikey stummers as he begins to feel a little uneasy.

"No ? Pff I can tell when someone is an open book, I can always sense they capablatty of skill don't get me wrong you do have skills... you just struggle with maintaing that skill because your foucse about other things" Karasu said.

"Wait how-"

"Like I said your like an open book to me but that's not all that I noticed" Karasu smirks as he approachs getting to close to him.

Raph narrows his eyes as he watches the situation.

"I can tell you need saving alot, just a few seconds ago your where just saved by Tikki" Karasu laughs.

"Hey I can handle myself dude I'm more than capable of it" Mikey tries to defend.

"Oh please kappa, your just a weak baby begging to be saved" Karasu said codly.

These words strike Mikey in the heart. He felt remind of what Razar and Raph said to him and all of doubt he had about being a ninja.

Tears brim Mikey's eyes.

Raph clenched his fists, he was ready to beat this jerk's ass. He about to storm up to Karasu when suddenly someone punches him in the face.

Mikey gasps as Shinigami stood in front of him and raises her first at Karasu.

Shinigami had heard everything Karasu said to poor Mikey and she wasn't gonna stand for it.

"Stay the hell away from him !" Shinigami snares.

"Oh come we where just talking witch girl" Karasu smirks.

"No you where bullying him !" Shinigami growls.

"There facts sweetheart" Karasu argues

"I'm about to wipe that smirk off your face" Shinigami snares.

"What's going on here ?" Rikki asks approaching the three of them.

"Karasu is being a jerk to Mikey" Shinigami growls.

"No I wasn't !" Karasu argues.

"Karasu go" Rikki said glaring at him.

"Fine !" Karasu huffs walking away, muttering.

"Thank you Rikki" Mikey sighs, thankful that they weren't gonna start a fight.

Rikki nods and walks away.

Mikey smiles at Shinigami and hugs her.

"Thank you Shini" Mikey said as he hugs her.

"Anytime, just don't listen to him okay ?" Shinigami said.

Mikey smiles softly.

Raph watches quitly as he proces everything he just saw happen. Shinigami was protecting him.

Maybe... he's been wrong about her.