Ch.34 A walk through the forest

Mikey let's the cool breeze hit his face and the group travel through the night. He felt good telling Raph, he could take care of himself but he honestly still hasn't manged to do anything alone. He didn't think he could prove he wasn't a weak baby to Raph.

"You okay ?" Shinigami asks walking next to him.

"Ummm yeah I just have a lot on my mind" Mikey said, thinking about what Shinigami said to Raph back there and giggles a bit at what Vexy was saying about Mika flirting with Toran and no packing getting down.

"You heard what I said didn't you, you heard me say that I love you ? Shinigami suddenly said.

This causes Mikey to blushes.

"Y-yes" Mikey stummers.

"It's okay no need to stutter, I knew you and the others where there listening in" Shinigami smiles.

"I just wanted to make sure everything was okay" Mikey said.

"I appreciate that" Shinigami said as she moves up head.

Karasu smirks at her. his hands where tied in front of him as he was force to walk next to Akane. He didn't resits, in fact he was unsaly calm but was still worried about Maddie but he was trying to keep calm for his sake.

"Your soft on him aren't you ?" Karasu asks. He wasn't monking, his voice sounded soft.

"None of your business,if I do traitor" Shinigami mutters.

"Don't think just because your tuff that I don't notice how you are around him, sure you maybe hard to read but I do take notes when someone's happy" Karasu said.

"If i didn't know better I say your spying on me and Mikey" Shinigami huffs.

"Oh please you've been living in a cabin with us where we don't get that much priavicey of course I would notices" Karasu smirks.

"Smartass" Shinigami mutters.

"I'm proud of it" Karasu said.

"I'm pretty sure your proud of betraying your friends" Shinigami snares.

Karasu grips his hands in frustration.

"I didn't have a choice, I had to do what they wanted, if I didn't well let's just say we won't be having this conversation" Karasu states looking at the ground.

"Are you saying they would of killed you ?" Shinigami mutters.

"All my life has been a mistake, I don't give a damn if someone kills me... My life was a mistake" Karasu said firmly looking Shinigami dead in the eye.

"Your not afraid of death ?" Shinigami slightly susprised by this.

"No" Karasu shackes his head.

"But when they threaten to kill my friends... my family I took thire threat seriously because I have to protect them no matter what" Karasu explains.

"Even if that means betraying them ?" Shinigami huffs.

"I would do anything to protect the ones the I care, but the questions what would you do to protect the ones you care about ?" Karasu asks her as he glances at Vexy.

"I wouldn't betray my friends" Shinigami sassys.

"We all do things we're not proud even in desperation, what would you do if the foot threatens the ones you cared about... Would you say or do anything they wanted just say your loves one ?" Karasu asks.

Shinigami was about to reply but couldn't think of answear, she didn't know what to do if anyone she loved or cared about was in danger. She never would want anything bad happen to her younger brother, little cousin,friends, grandmother or Mikey....
Mikey ? What would happen if his life was in danger again ? Could she protect or fail trying.

"There is no easy answer, people would do risky or regertable things out dessperarion to protect the ones they love" Karasu said causing Shinigami to look at him.

"I'm pretty sure you do anything to protect Mikey and you know I'm right" Karasu said.

Akane shoves Karasu forward intrupting thire conversation.

"Shut your mouth and keep navagating !" Akane snares pushing him forward.

Karasu looks back at Shinigami and smirks.

"Once a street kid always a street kid" Karasu said before being shoves forward once more.

"Are we almost there ?" Rikki asks Karasu.

"Yeah will be there in 2 mintues" Karasu replies.

Two mintues later the group approach a limet of big rocks. Shinigami peeks over the rocks and sees a thousands of foot spiders mining for something. She turns her to see poor Maddie chain down to a rock that was near a foot tent. Shinigami gasps as she sees her sisters, Karai, Mark, Tiger claw and Tatasu himself.
The whole foot clan ellit was here. Clearling out numbering this small.

Mikey and Renet's eyes widen in fear when they see this.

"Holy shit" Akane whispers.

*********************************************************
Note- Okay so just a recap. In this group are Mikey, Renet, Shinigami, Termone,Rikki, Akane, Ariri,Vexy, and Karasu. While Toran, Mika,Tikki, and Rai are with Raph and Kushi back at the cabin.

There is a lot of foreshadowing in this chapter. What would you guys do to protect your love ones ?

Anyway were almost there to Act 3 but not yet we still have a while to go, so this is longer than the first book.