Ch. 44 At least we have some hope

Meanwhile in the foot dungeon,

Shinigami doesn't bother moving or struggling anymore. The more she or the others struggled the more the chains and ropes got tighter. Whimpers of Maddie are heard from behind Shinigami. Shinigami sighs, she wasn't really good with kids, sure she helped raised Kushi for awhile and saved kids from dangerous adults but she was never good at comforting them.

She knew Maddie was terrfied after what Iku did to torment them but she didn't know what to tell her. It's not like she could tell her everything was okay when clearly it's not because there situation was far from okay. But after awhile of hearing Maddie whimpers, Shini caved in mainly because she wanted her to stop but also she felt bad for Maddie.

"Hey hey shhh, we're going to get out of this" Shinigami whispers trying her best to reinsure her.

Maddie hickups wiping her tears on her shoulder or trying to.

"Why does Iku like hurting us ?" Maddie asks, her voice trembling.

"I honestly don't know,she's always been bullying me since I was little" Shinigami admits.

"Oh could you endure her torments ?" Maddie asks, sounding like she was going to cry again.

"Did she bully you ... hurt you ?" Shinigami asks.

Maddie nods, whimpering again, tears streaming down her face.

"I know how it feels... when someone makes you feel helpless, you feel like you can't escape them no matter what you do" Shinigami said.

"What did you do to stop it all ?" Maddie asks.

"I ran away from it all, became a street girl... It wasn't the best choice, i know that now but my five year old self wanted was freedom and when that moment came I took it" Shinigami explains.

"Did you enjoy that freedom ?" Maddie asks.

"Yeah I did for a little while, I lived with ally cats in the streets" Shinigami said.

"Aw you lived with kittys ?" Maddie asks.

Ariri smiles weakly, knowing Maddie was alright. Ariri holds Maddie's hands through the ropes.

"Yeah but it got lonely just talking to cats all the time, that's how I met my kitty Midnight but she was my only friends on the streets, I've always asked myself what's good freedom when you're all along" Shinigami said.

"Your lucky you have people with you Maddie, remember that" Shinigami said smiling a little.

Maddie smiles a little before they hear a soft groan next to Shinigami. She turns her head to see Akane finally waking up.

"W-what happened ?" Akane asks having a hard time remembering what happened to them.

"Akane your okay ?!" Maddie said with relife.

"Thank god we where getting worried" Shinigami said.

Akane stayed quite as she breathes heavily. This goes on for two minutes before finally talking.

"I remember being injected with that mutatgen stuff... how bad is it.... what am I now ?" Akane suddenly asks as she feels firey pain entering her body once more.

"Your a mutant artic fox" Shinigami said slowly.

Akane felt her body tremble at this news, she really was a freak. She looks down at a puddle and sees her new face. She Ineed looked like a fox. Her black eyes where shown through her new white fur. Anger filled inside her, remembering what Tigerclaw and Iku did to her. But not only that she remembers her friends being hurt. She was going to make her captors pay for what did to her

"I'm gonna kill your sister for this" Akane snares darkly.

"I'm joining then" Shinigami said her eyes narrowing at the ground.

Suddenly two people jumps down from the ceiling and lands in front of them.

"Termone oh my god your alive !" Shinigami said with both happiness and relief.

Termone hugs Shinigami.

"I'm happy to see you too" Termone said.

Shinigami sees the now newly mutated Karasu go behind her and walk up to Maddie.

"Karasu ?" Maddie whispers,tears in her eyes.

Karasu cuts her free from the ropes with his panther claws and hugs her tight.

"Yeah it's me" Karasu whispers.

"I'm sorry" Maddie whispers.

"It's not your fault" Karasu whispers, holding Maddie.

Termone unites the others and tends to both Akane and Ariri. She wraps up Ariri's injured hand in bandages. Then Termone pulls out the purple bottle and pours it down Akane's mouth.

"It will heal you within a few mintues" Termone whispers, helping Akane up.

"We need to get out of here" Shinigami whispers.

"Stole this from the guard" Karasu said holding the keys.

Shinigami grins.

"Lets get out of this hellhole" Shinigami said.

********************

Note- So I Had difficulty with my tablet and I had to type on my phone instead which is harder. So that's why it,was not updated. I was going to write more but it's abit difficult so I have to write that other part in a next chapter. The next chapter might take awhile because I'm typing on my phone and I'm going to be a little busy Friday and the weekend. So be patient.