C4: Servamp of Melancholy♧

♧Inner Demon♧

Dear Mama,

I did say that my bestfriend has a knack for trouble but attracting not one but two vampires after picking up a cat?

I don't get paid enough for this.

Yours,

M. A.

♧Inner Demon♧

Vampire...

I stood on my own shaky legs as I struggled to accept the fact that these red eyed people keep coming to my life nonstop.

I could not stop myself from spacing out and tuning out my whole surrounding despite the obvious danger I was. I dislike red so much and I feel as if I'm surrounded by my worst nightmare.

I didn't want to think too much but my head was pounding again. I couldn't very well tell the stupid organ to stop feeling pain since the world doesn't work that way.

The red always tells a story, seemingly remembered and never forgotten. It tells of loss and gain where I would always end up being a chess player by someone's player while the master amuses himself as his puppets struggle. The puppet of a puppet... I was never given a choice.

I shook my head and closed my eyes firmly, covering my ears. It's all because of that red thing that makes bad memories resurface.

Sometimes I wish I was too blind to see it but would often regret thinking of it since I value my eyesight.

I didn't know how long I was detached from the world around me but a stranger's voice was the one who snapped me back to reality and not the familiar voice of any of my dear ones.

"Hey you. " The male said, causing me to  slightly tilt my head upwards. It wasn't much of an effort. He was small... I reckon that if it weren't his for wooden sandals, I would be towering over him.. "What do you think you're doing? "

His lips curled into a menacing smile, the intent was obviously to intimidate or scare me off but I had gotten so used to seeing such expressions that it only caused me to frown.

Nevertheless, I did not look away.

"I hate red." I find myself saying as I crouched down to my feet, looking at the ground while my hands rested on my knees.

"It reminds me of things that I lost.." I continued. "And it always tells the same boring story. Boring but still a story.."

A sudden laugh pierced the air and I jumped to my feet, looking very much like a deer in headlights as the man..vampire, laughed maniacally as if he heard something really funny.

"Ahaha!" After calming down from his episode, he paused to examine me. "You smell familiar. How boring~"

Smell?

No.

No.

Is he telling me that I stink?

My face turned an angry color of red as my eyes glared menacingly at him. I was about to give him a piece of my mind or two and send him packing to who knows where but Mahiru's shout distracted me.

"Mitsuki! Get away from him!"

A moment was all it took me to understand once more that this person is a vampire.