C14: We Were Friends♧

♧Inner Demon♧

Dear Mama,

I'm glad that I could protect Misono. Are you proud of me?

I got hurt but I'll be fine!

I just need to rest and drink my medicine to recover. Onii-sama is no doubt going to ground me but I'm too happy to care.

Tell him to take it easy on me please.

Yours,

M. A.

♧Inner Demon♧

["We're friends, right?" ]

Sakuya took a deep breath, absentmindedly rubbing the sore area while staring at the distance as he reminisced something from the past.

♧Inner Demon♧

"I have a younger brother or rather... I used to have one."

"Really..? Well... I used to have a sister. Ahaha.. B-But that's all in the past now, right?"

"Yeah... The past."

"Mitsuki.. ? Why the glum look on your face?"

"Are you saying I look ugly?"

"Huh?! No! I was asking if you're okay!"

"...."

"...are you?...."

"....Not really.."

♧Inner Demon♧

Mahiru was still shaking from the aftermath, a mixture of fear, surprise and shock were written all over his face. He also felt extremely worried for Mitsuki who was leaning on the wall, wide awake as she hugged her body with one arm.

How she was able to remain awake with her wounds was beyond him though Mitsuki was passed out for a while and only woke up because of the noise coming from multiple gunshots.

She should've accepted Lily's offer and went to the hospital but he couldn't understand why Mitsuki stubbornly refused.

In the end, Misono still got injured on his arm but it wasn't life threatening. His weak body made him collapse and he had to go to the hospital. Mitsuki would also be at the hospital by now but why did she insist to stay. She also refused to be touched by Lily and the others.

Mahiru clenched his fists, guilt coursing through his body, it was so much that he felt it would burst.

Didn't he say that he would protect his friends?

Because they were his family since he have no parents?

Didn't he say that he didn't want them to be in danger just because of his selfishness?

Mahiru's body trembled from frustration and anger, blaming himself for getting Mitsuki and Misono hurt. And Kuro turned into that thing because his resolve was weak and he was undecided.