Chapter 19: Eve of Pride♧

♧Inner Demon♧

Dear Mama,

I've never been to a festival before.

What are fireworks like?

Some people say that they are big bright flowers in the sky that explodes. How curious.

Yours,

M. A.

♧Inner Demon♧

Mahiru was assigned to do volunteer work in the festival due to the stunt he pulled at the rooftop. He also met quite a strange man during that time but then again, people who wear glasses are often weird.

Truthfully, Mahiru wasn't just assigned to do the traffic work, he also ended up doing all kinds of job. Of course, it really didn't helped that his servamp was busy stuffing his face with so much junkfood, Mahiru had to direct people around the festival, not just the traffic!

Panting and trying to catch his breath, he held himself up beside his servamp while heaving a huge amount of air to fuel his lungs.

"I'm exhausted!" The brunette blurted as he sat down.

"Isn't it because you keep doing unnecessary things?" Kuro asked while munching on his food.

Mahiru sighed. "If Mitsuki was here, she'd probably say the same thing and tease me about being so workaholic. "

Kuro didn't bother making a comment on that, noticing the brunette's solemn face.

"Yet in the end, nothing's happened so far. "

Or so he thought.

Mahiru was startled to see a man with an eyepatch staring at him intently. He was wearing a white suit and a suitcase with his hair slick back. He looks as though he was going to say something any minute now.

He looks sharp too.

"Here." The suitcase was suddenly(or rather forcefully) pushed towards Mahiru and he barely had any time to react because the man is already telling him that it was a lost item.

It took Mahiru quite a few seconds to finally recover but the man was already away, leaving him with a seemingly unexpected task at hand.

Add to that was the fact that he needs to return it before the fireworks starts, which is in fact, quite suspicious given the time of return.

"Fireworks? Is he a foreigner? That's the first time I've seen an eyepatch like that." Mahiru muttered as he stood, carrying the suitcase in one hand.

He turned to Kuro."Well, I need to return this!"

The Servamp lazily spoke. "Don't get too far away. Servamps and Eves should stay together. " But Mahiru was already out of sight by the time he finished.

"Troublesome."

"Troublesome indeed." Another voice said. Kuro whipped his head to side, eyes widening slightly to see a familiar face.