Chapter 20: Questions♧

♧Inner Demon♧

Dear Mama,

Fire works are indeed flowers in the sky that shines bright.

The festival was also quite  enjoyable even though an accident happened.

Mahiru's been doing his best and as expected, he overworked himself again.

I hope he realizes just how stupid he is at times.

Yours,

M. A.

♧Inner Demon♧

The fireworks began and just as the blonde said, the coffin never broke even though the bomb was inside. Was this person an Eve?

Then the coffin must've been his Lead!

On the lid of the coffin, it read "Visit Shiranoba Hot Springs", both Mahiru and Kuro confused beyond belief. Mitsuki took a picture unconsciously, more mesmerized at the fireworks than what was happening infront.

"So pretty..." She muttered under her breath, eyes focused on the sky.

"I found it. Thanks again." The guy said, holding the coffin as it stood on the ground.

"Who the heck are you?!" Mahiru's exasperated shout snapped Mitsuki out of her trance and she was just in time to hear the blonde's introduction.

Apparently, he was the Eve of Pride, Sendagaya Tetsu and the heir to a hot spring inn.

A spring? Mitsuki has never been to a hot spring before! She looked on with excitement while Mahiru gawked at the coffin.

Suddenly, it began to open, a voice coming from inside. Whoever it was, they also sounded hurt. "You…idiot…how dare you leave me…soooo rude."

Then a little bat flew down on the ground, looking like it was burned as smoke emitted from it.

Mitsuki's face suddenly scrunched up, absolutely hating that there was a bat infront of them.

"Damn…forgot about him." Tetsu said as he scratched the back of his head. "Relax. He's okay…"

"Long time no see…" Kuro said, bending down towards the crispy bat. "Meet Old Child, The Servamp of Pride. Hope he's alive…"

♧Inner Demon♧

In the hospital, Misono sat in bed, a book open. "Yeah, I get out next week…no complications. Just here to rest. Sounds good…thank you for calling, Father."

There was a pause before Misono spoke up again.

"And about my sister.." He trailed off, the other line was instantly quiet which made him hesitate. "Nevermind.. "

He ended the call on his end, Misono gripping the device as he gave a hard gaze at it. "I won't let myself fall behind!"

♧Inner Demon♧

After the little bomb scare, Mahiru and the others decided to go to his apartment. His uncle was away once more. If he were there, well…the coffin would be hard to explain.

Anyways, Mahiru cooks some food, Tetsu looking at Mitsuki, who just keeps staring at him. After a few minutes of this Mitsuki has enough of this and opens her mouth to speak.